Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

needing manicotti recipe

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am looking for a good yet simple manicotti recipe?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
For my filling. I use one large container of ricotta cheese, 1-2 eggs, salt, pepper, fresh chopped parsley (you can use Italian seasoning in place of it, though), about 1 cup of five cheese Italian blend cheese. Mix together and stuff your pre-cooked noodles (I don't cook them all the way, though, because they will cook more in the oven). Pour your favorite sauce over (I usually make my sauce, but have used a jarred sauce many times), sprinkle about 1 cup of Italian 5 cheese blend (or you can use plain mozzarella or mozzarella/provolone, Parmesan cheese (pretty much any combo of Italian cheese you like), cover and bake in a 350* oven for about 35 mins. Remove foil and cook another 5 mins or so to melt cheese.
KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I have never made manicotti before.

cadeesmommy0120
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Ground beef, ground Italian sausage, ricotta, mozzarella. Mix together, stuff shells, cover with marinara, sprinkle more mozz on top, bake til brown and bubbly.
BFelty01
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Thanks ladies I am almost 10 wks pregnant and this sounds so good.
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I craved Italian food when I was pregnant with my DD!

Quoting BFelty01:Thanks ladies I am almost 10 wks pregnant and this sounds so good.
periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jjamom:

For my filling. I use one large container of ricotta cheese, 1-2 eggs, salt, pepper, fresh chopped parsley (you can use Italian seasoning in place of it, though), about 1 cup of five cheese Italian blend cheese. Mix together and stuff your pre-cooked noodles (I don't cook them all the way, though, because they will cook more in the oven). Pour your favorite sauce over (I usually make my sauce, but have used a jarred sauce many times), sprinkle about 1 cup of Italian 5 cheese blend (or you can use plain mozzarella or mozzarella/provolone, Parmesan cheese (pretty much any combo of Italian cheese you like), cover and bake in a 350* oven for about 35 mins. Remove foil and cook another 5 mins or so to melt cheese.

This is pretty much how I make my manicotti and stuffed shells.

momofjkkc
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been wanting to make both forever, I just thought it would be hard. Im definatly putting this in my recipe book and trying it soon.

Quoting periwinkle163:

Quoting jjamom:

This is pretty much how I make my manicotti and stuffed shells.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)