Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

i do not have a grocery store less than 15 min away

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i have to resort to going to the dollar store until they build the Hannaford here.  we are short in gas this week due to rain and my husband taking the car to work instead of the motorcycle.  so im limited here and i need help! theres nothing really huge there they have a small freezer and a few shevles with food, most of it seriously unhealthy!  i dont want ramon or pizza or anything like that!  so think boxed foods and cans and does anyone have maybe some idea of what i could make?

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Chili would be easy and they should have ingredients if you have the burger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_l
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Are you looking to use canned meats or do you have meat?
BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Oh gosh. sketti is first thing I can think of off the top of my head. You're lucky you have $ store. We don't even have that.

Kimberly954
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I never buy food at the dollar store (well, i get snack stuff) so i dont even know what kind of stuff they have. Do they have eggs?? You could get pancake mix or muffin mix, spaghetti stuff, if they have bread and cheese then grilled cheese and soup.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM
You could use canned tuna or chicken and add it to boxed Mac n cheese. You could also add in some canned veggies or serve them on the side.

If I were you, since DH has the car, I'd make him stop at the store!!
KamsOne
by Jen on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Same here.  I wouldn't have a clue as to what they sell for food.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I never buy food at the dollar store (well, i get snack stuff) so i dont even know what kind of stuff they have. Do they have eggs?? You could get pancake mix or muffin mix, spaghetti stuff, if they have bread and cheese then grilled cheese and soup.

periwinkle163
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

that would be tough, good luck~!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)