Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Piccatta?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone have a good chicken piccatta recipe?

Thanks!

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Not myself-but waiting to see who does-I love it!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Here ya go...

Chicken Piccata

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 slices of lemon for garnish
Flatten chicken between two pieces of waxed paper until thin. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. In skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat with 2 more tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 remaining pieces of chicken. Remove and add chicken to plate. Into same skillet, combine the lemon juice, broth and capers. Bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and stir vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I made one from Pinterest that was great. I'll post the recipe later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by Kim on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

This is similar to mine. LOVE chicken piccata!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Here ya go...

Chicken Piccata

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 slices of lemon for garnish
Flatten chicken between two pieces of waxed paper until thin. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. In skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat with 2 more tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 remaining pieces of chicken. Remove and add chicken to plate. Into same skillet, combine the lemon juice, broth and capers. Bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and stir vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the recipe I use.  If I have white wine in the fridge I will use that instead of the chicken broth.

CHICKEN PICCATA

INGREDIENTS
1-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & Pepper
Paprika
6 tbs butter or margarine
2 tbs olive oil
3 tbs shallots, finely chopped (or onion)
1/4 cup chicken broth
4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup white flour

DIRECTIONS
1. Pound chicken to 1/4 - 1/2" thickness.  Season the cutlets with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
2. Heat 4 tbs butter and olive oil in large skillet.  Dredge seasoned chicken in flour, shake off excess and at to skillet.  Brown on both sides 2-3 minutes depending on thickness.  Remove chicken to serving dish and cover to keep warm.
3. Lower heat to medium.  Add shallots/onions to skillet and cook until the onions are translucent.  Add chicken broth and lemon juice.  Cook approximately 3-5 minutes.   Roll 2 tbs butter in flour and add to skillet.  Stir until sauce thickens, about 90 seconds or so.  Pour sauce over chicken.
karatekidmom1
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Thank you ladies!  These recipes look great!

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I've never had it but looking at the recipes I want to try it now.

karatekidmom1
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Periwinkle, it is SO good. You will love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)