Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm looking for some guidance. I'm a stay at home mom of 4 (1,4,8,10). I would really like to start a weekly meal plan, but I have no idea where to start. I'm not real good in the kitchen either. If you know of any websites, or groups, or anything that can help, please let me know. Thanks!
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM

There's a great group called Meal Planning here with lots of information. Here's a link

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112067/forums/221573/Lets_Talk

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I use pinterest for a lot of inspiration.

I buy meats in bulk so i use what i have in the freezer. I try to make one pork, one beef, one chicken, one seafood, one pasta, and then on the weekends i mix it up with whatever i have....some nights its homemade pizza, some nights i leave dh in charge to grill, that kind of thing. So starting from there, i plan out my meals. So it would go something like this - ham steak with potatoes, beef and noodles, fish and rice, spaghetti, steaks on the grill, leftovers, chicken and dumplings.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Make a list of the meals everyone will eat. I do just a dinner meal plan. If I'm going to bake chicken breasts for a dinner on Monday, then I buy and cook extra so I can throw leftovers in a pasta dish the next day.

So Monday would be chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie, rolls.

Tuesday might be pasta, and put chicken in the sauce, garlic bread and so on. You'll get the hang of it once you get going. I usually do 1 or 2 bigger meals, then smaller meals like breakfast for dinner, sloppy joes or tacos,...

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I do Pinterest a lot. Sunday mornings I check out the ads and also make a weekly menu plan with what's on sale. I find it very useful to look at my calendar and see what's going on so I know what kind of meal it needs to be. For busy/hot/sick days, I use my crockpot. They are amazing appliances for when you aren't comfortable in the kitchen.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I use Pinterest a lot. I have dh and the kids help me with ideas for the week, write them down and all the ingredients then head to the store
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I start with what I have on hand to see what I can use, then check the ads to see what's on sale, then make a grocery list as I make up my menu.

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM

For recipes try out allrecipes.com. As for meal planning it isn't as hard as it sounds, just sit down and plan out meals you like to make and then make your shopping list accordingly. Try to find ways to repurpose leftovers.

katiealan82
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I use food.com alot. You can go through the different recipes and add them to your menu, shopping list, etc. and it organizes everything for you. You can go on your shopping list and add items you want for recipes that aren't on the website and when your done your list is organized by category.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)