Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

People with Food Allergies: Any Special meals to share?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

People with Food Allergies: Any Special meals to share?

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Bump. No allergies here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

There are WAAAAY too many different allergens for me to have something good for you.  Some moms say their kids are allergic to everything but water, yanno?  There are some groups here on Cafe Mom that address the ones you're concerned about.  Hope that helps.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I realize that. It doesn't matter what type of allergy. Would like to try new recipes and if it's something I can't have (like wheat/dairy) then I'll switch up ingredients :)

Quoting AmosFarkle:

There are WAAAAY too many different allergens for me to have something good for you.  Some moms say their kids are allergic to everything but water, yanno?  There are some groups here on Cafe Mom that address the ones you're concerned about.  Hope that helps.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM

This is next on my list of recipes to try.

Cheezy Broccoli Orzo

• 16 Cups Water
  • 2 Cups Whole Wheat Orzo
  • 1 Head of Broccoli
  • 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
  • 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Light Vegan Butter
  • 1 1/2 Cups Plain Rice Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Unbleached All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
  • 1 Teaspoon Paprika
  • 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • Dash of Black Pepper
  • Pinch Ground Marjoram
  • Pinch Garlic Powder

In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Chop broccoli into bite size pieces and put into pot with water. Cook for 6 minutes and fish out with a large slotted spoon and set aside. Now pour orzo into the same pot and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.

While the orzo is cooking prepare the cheeze sauce. In a blender place; olive oil, vegan butter, rice milk, flour, corn starch, paprika, onion powder, seasoned salt, sea salt, black pepper, marjoram and garlic powder. Blend until smooth.

After the orzo has finished cooking, drain the water completely. Place pot back on the stove and turn heat down to medium to low. Pour cheeze mixture in with the orzo and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and let stand for 10 minutes before eating. You can add the broccoli to the orzo and mix it together or eat it separately. Personally I like putting the broccoli to the side.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It's only 10:30am here and this looks sooooo good. TFS!

Quoting goddess99:

This is next on my list of recipes to try.

Cheezy Broccoli Orzo

• 16 Cups Water
  • 2 Cups Whole Wheat Orzo
  • 1 Head of Broccoli
  • 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
  • 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Light Vegan Butter
  • 1 1/2 Cups Plain Rice Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Unbleached All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
  • 1 Teaspoon Paprika
  • 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • Dash of Black Pepper
  • Pinch Ground Marjoram
  • Pinch Garlic Powder

In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Chop broccoli into bite size pieces and put into pot with water. Cook for 6 minutes and fish out with a large slotted spoon and set aside. Now pour orzo into the same pot and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.

While the orzo is cooking prepare the cheeze sauce. In a blender place; olive oil, vegan butter, rice milk, flour, corn starch, paprika, onion powder, seasoned salt, sea salt, black pepper, marjoram and garlic powder. Blend until smooth.

After the orzo has finished cooking, drain the water completely. Place pot back on the stove and turn heat down to medium to low. Pour cheeze mixture in with the orzo and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and let stand for 10 minutes before eating. You can add the broccoli to the orzo and mix it together or eat it separately. Personally I like putting the broccoli to the side.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

We don't have any allergies, but I have learned that you can substitute marshmallow fluff for peanut butter in muddie buddies/puppy chow.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Quoting periwinkle163:

We don't have any allergies, but I have learned that you can substitute marshmallow fluff for peanut butter in muddie buddies/puppy chow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)