Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

help! i hate to cook!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 94 Replies
4 moms liked this
I dispise cooking. I find it to b intimidating and too messy. R there any any recipes or meal ideas u all would have for someone like me? Thank u so much!
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bahamamama61
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM
5 moms liked this
Chicken drummies with BarBQ sauce, in the Crock-Pot:) You'll have to soak the pot with Dawn, afterwards, but they clean right out:) Baked potatoes, in the microwave:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

crockpot?

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Crock pots and their liners(found in aisle with oven bags) are amazing. Put a 2-3 lb pork roast in crock pot and pour some BBQ sauce over top. Cook on low 6-8 hours and shred with a fork. Serve on buns with fries or potato salad.
Throw in frozen or thawed chicken breasts/tenders with BBQ sauce and serve with rice/pasta/veggie salad. Place half a stick butter in crockpot. Place chicken in and sprinkle with minced garlic, lemon juice, and 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix. Cook low 4-6 hours.
Rice cookers are nice too. Check out Sandra Lee. A lot of her recipes use pre made items and don't take a lot of time and effort. She also has a crockpot book too. My cousin hates to cook and she loves her.
taKENheart
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Salad wraps? LOL
Well, a few ladies have mentioned crockpot meals so I'd start there.
You could definitely throw some chicken/pork in a crockpot and make pulled chicken/pork sandwiches...zap your sides or buy potato salad and baked beans.

Also if you love rice you could get a rice cooker.  I'd buy those frozen flavored veggie packs for stiry fry.  For the meat you could use one of those Foreman indoor grills...close the lid, set the timer...cut it up for your stir fry...Voila.

I've made baked potatoes in the microwave and then you could stuff it with canned chili or a broccoli cheese soup and throw some store bought ham cubes on it.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll get some great ideas here ;)

katielovesyou21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM

use a crockpot and get crockpot liners. You put the liner in the crockpot, then put all the ingredients in and let them cook. For clean up you take the liner out and throw it away. :D

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Casseroles where you can bake everything in one dish. You can buy a rotisserie chicken, shred it and use it in the casseroles.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Just start small and work your way up, like others have said crockpots are awesome and the liners are heaven sent, lol

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Quoting katielovesyou21:

use a crockpot and get crockpot liners. You put the liner in the crockpot, then put all the ingredients in and let them cook. For clean up you take the liner out and throw it away. :D

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Who cooks for you and your family now?

mopsmommy5
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Crockpot-liners are cheaper at Bed Bath and Beyond-get a crockpot cookbook For a 5 ingredients or less. They are great! A easy rice cooker/steamer will help too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)