Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms
I dispise cooking. I find it to b intimidating and too messy. R there any any recipes or meal ideas u all would have for someone like me? Thank u so much!
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I definitely agree with crockpot and casserole recipes.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Crock pots are fabulous for someone who hates to cook!  You can make the simplest meals in there.

Buy a bag of frozen meatballs, toss them in there with a jar of spaghetti sauce or brown gravy and let cook all day.  Serve over noodles.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Throw a pork roast, sliced onion and bottle of your favorite bbq sauce in the crock pot.  Cook on low all day.  Shred it and serve it on buns or with rice.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Toss some cut up chicken breasts in the crock pot with a bottle of teriyaki sauce and a bag of frozen stir fry veggies.  Cook on low 6 hours or so and serve over rice.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If you have extra time one day, get some ziploc baggies, some meat and some marinades.  Toss them in baggies, mark them with a sharpie so you know what's in them and put them in the freezer.  

Then all you have to do is open the freezer, pull out what you want for dinner, throw it in the crock pot (still frozen) and let it cook all day.  All you have to do is make side dishes to go with it.

Some combos might be chicken with bbq sauce in one baggie, pork chops with italian dressing in another baggie, steak tips with teriyaki sauce in another baggie, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

karamille
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Semi Homemade.   Use rotisserie chicken can be a massive short cut for many recipes.  I can have chicken and noodles on the table in less than 30 minutes by using store bought chicken stock, frozen egg noodles, and a rotisserie chicken.  Chicken enchiladas, chicken rice casserole, etc... all sorts of recipes can be made super easy by a rotisserie chicken.  

Venae
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM
7 moms liked this

Sorry, girl - if you bring kids into the world, you have to feed them.  Good food - not fast food garbage.  Go to tasteofhome.com - they have easy recipes.  They have an awesome magazine too.  We all started out learning to boil water and make toast.  You can do it!  Yes, you will burn things and mess things up - but that's how we learn.

Now get cookin'!

Venae
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I second the rotisserie chicken advice!  It's just as cheap as buying and roasting a whole chicken yourself.  

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Get a good set of knives.

What some good cooking shows. Learn how to use knives, learn how food comes together, how it works.

Once you do that, you won't be intimidated.

slightlyperfect

susieQ680
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM

hum i think like a tom boy when i am cooking it helps.

tuna noodle casserole  i do not know the recipe thow google it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN