Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dispise cooking. I find it to b intimidating and too messy. R there any any recipes or meal ideas u all would have for someone like me? Thank u so much!
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
Healthystart30
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Join pintrest, I have found so many good easy recipes there! I also hate cooking, doesn't mean my kids don't get food!
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Cheap and Easy Casserole

1 lb meat, cooked
1 lb pasta or rice, prepared
2 c. (or one can) vegetables (one, or a combination!)
11/2 c. sauce, condensed soup, or gravy
Favorite spices, including salt and pepper, to taste
1 c. shredded cheese

Combine together except cheese, bake in oven until hot and bubbly--about 30 minutes. Top with cheese, bake additional 10 minutes.

This will work with just about any combination! You could make a different combination for each night of the week--it's easy and economical!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Skillet Cheeseburger and Fries
1 lb. ground beef
4-6 medium potatoes
4-6 slices of cheese

Cook ground beef until done; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, cut potatoes in cubes, and fry in a little oil. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add ground beef to potatoes, stir together; add cheese slices on top. Heat just till melted. You can also add your favorite toppings, like ketchup, onions, etc. Add a salad or vegetable and you're done.

MommyMitchy247
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM

The easiest thing you can possibly make is casseroles.

Chicken broccoli and cheese casserole is a favorite in my house.

Green bean casserole with baked salmon.

Noodle casserole

Tuna casserole

Veggie Casserole.

Honestly, all of those recipies take less than twenty minutes and they're so easy, its impossible to fuck it up.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Try these. so good for a appetizer or a side dish. 

annelauer
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Stir fry is easy and a no brainer. Cook brown rice and while that's going cook up your meat, add in veggies to saute with some onion and garlic for flavor. Season as you desire. You can do it differently every day of the week by seasoning it in new ways. What do you cook now?
little.worthen
by Krystal on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a recipe that you can use a microwave to make and it has 3 ingredients.

Get a bag of already cooked and sliced chicken breast.
A bag of frozen broccoli
A container of garlic humus

Cook the broccoli in the microwave. Put a quarter inch of water in the bottom of a bowl, put the broccoli in with butter and salt on top, cover with a paper plate and cook for about 7-10 minutes.

Then drain it, get a small 8x8 glass casserole dish, put the chicken, broccoli, and humus in it. Stir it around and put it back in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.

That's it. And it's frickin delicious. Even for kids. My 20 month old and 8 year old love it
little.worthen
by Krystal on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Green enchiladas are easy too. Use a rotisserie chicken.

maxine360
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Buy a Crock Pot if you do not have one! LOL. You can crock pot nearly everything. I would also invest in a rice cooker.

Please keep in mind I have a large family so you might need to make less, or freeze.

You can make several meals with the crock pot and serve over rice or pasta. One of my favs is Chicken Noodle Soup. You can buy cans of chicken, (they are next to the tuna at the store) and add everything in the can to the crock pot. Add 2 cans chicken broth, 2 cans water, 2 table spoons Italian seasoning, 2 table spoons minced garlic (we really like garlic, if you do not then add less). 1 table spoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Turn on high for a few hours, add veggies if you would like, I stick to celery and carrots but its your soup add whatever you would like. About an hour before you want to eat add egg noodles. Serve over mashed potato's and even though at first you will think really potato's? Everyone will love it I promise!

Add me as a friend and I can give you lots more recipes.

pinkcoffeecup
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I love cooking. But don't always have time to.  I use my crock pot a lot.  Here is a couple recipes.  Then I sometimes will do smoked Kielbasa sausage with noodles and a little onion. All fried up in a pan.  Serve with your favorite veggie.   Or I'll put a corned beef in the crock.  Add carrots and cut red potatoes.  Fill the crock wit water.  Cover and let go on low all day.  Then add some cut cabbage maybe the last hour of cooking time.  You got yourself a nice one pot meal.   Taco's is a easy meal also.  I buy some seasoned taco meat at the Mexican market.  They have dice skirt steak, pork and chicken meat. With their house seasoning on it.   I have a covered serving platter like for a veggie and dip tray.  I put all my taco toppings in the slots of the container.  I do this the night before a meal.  Then all you got to do is cook up your taco meat. Set it out with hard and or soft shells. Everyone can serve themselves.  Some paper plates. You got a meal that also has easy clean up.  Planning ahead with meal prep is a big help. When your to busy to cook.  I would prep some of my meals for the week on the weekend. When I don't work.   Then food is in various stages of the cooking process.   Or I might do a big cooking of some meals.  Pan up some for another meal.  Wrap real good label and into the freezer.  To be thawed and reheated another day.  

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

A quick, no-fuss version of chicken tortilla soup! All you do is put everything into the slow cooker, and turn it on. Then garnish with baked corn tortilla strips!"

Ingredients: 

1-1/4 pounds shredded, cooked chicken

1-1/4 (15 ounce) cans whole peeled

tomatoes, mashed

1-1/4 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce

1-1/4 medium onion, chopped

1-1/4 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile

peppers

2-1/2 cloves garlic, minced

2-1/2 cups water

1-1/4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth

1-1/4 teaspoons cumin

1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder

1-1/4 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1-1/4 bay leaf

1-1/4 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn

1 tablespoon and 3/4 teaspoon chopped

cilantro

8-3/4 corn tortillas

vegetable oil

Directions: 

You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (10). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (8).

Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatori

1 pack drumsticks (or other chicken bits)

1 can stewed/diced tomatoes (tom with peppers)

1 can tomato paste

1 or 2 bell peppers diced

1 large onion sliced

Fresh mushrooms sliced (as many as you like...)

1/2 t basil

1/2 t oregano

2 bay leaves

4 cloves garlic

Dash salt (I like kosher salt)

Ground black peppercorn (or regular pepper) to taste.

Mix paste with spices, garlic, and tomatoes.

Put chicken in crock pot with onions, mushrooms and peppers and pour the tomatoe mixture over it.

Cook on low 8 hours/ high 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.

I like to pull the meat from the bones and serve the whole thing over pasta.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)