Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mixer question.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
So I don't have a blender, but I have a mixer. I was wondering do you think we could make milkshakes with it? I think it would be possible if you use it on low.
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I have no idea.  Doesn't hurt to try!

mizkriz73
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I am gonna try tomorrow and see. I will let you know how it turns out.

Quoting KamsOne:

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Thanks!  I'm curious to see if it works.  Good luck!  :)

Quoting mizkriz73:

I am gonna try tomorrow and see. I will let you know how it turns out.

Quoting KamsOne:

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM

You cannot make a milkshake in a blender or with a mixer. It melts the ice cream.

Put in big glasses and stir with a spoon just till it's slightly mixed. If you want crushed candy bar in it, add scoop ice cream then candy then ice cream till filled and then stir.  We usually use milk & ice cream to make homemade milkshakes.

mizkriz73
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Well thank you. I will have to try that also. I am just trying to figure out cool treats for the kids. It has been very warm in our apt. Even with the ac going. Too many extra people staying with us. So crowded and no space or privacy.

Quoting DissieDothe:

You cannot make a milkshake in a blender or with a mixer. It melts the ice cream.

Put in big glasses and stir with a spoon just till it's slightly mixed. If you want crushed candy bar in it, add scoop ice cream then candy then ice cream till filled and then stir.  We usually use milk & ice cream to make homemade milkshakes.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Quoting mizkriz73:

Well thank you. I will have to try that also. I am just trying to figure out cool treats for the kids. It has been very warm in our apt. Even with the ac going. Too many extra people staying with us. So crowded and no space or privacy.

Quoting DissieDothe:

Way easier to make rootbeer floats. A Dream float is orange juice & vanilla ice cream.

mizkriz73
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM

TY I think I will make another post for these type of ideas. I have four teens and on weekend a two year old here to try and keep cool. I am hoping they move out soon. She just got a job and with her first check she is gonna put a deposit down on a apt. They have been here for over a month and I am tired and getting broke. Her kids are well behaved and she does help with the cleaning. She is not trying to mooch just in a bad spot.

Kimberly954
by Kim on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Love root beer floats!! :)

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting mizkriz73:

Quoting DissieDothe:

Way easier to make rootbeer floats. A Dream float is orange juice & vanilla ice cream.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I would try it.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Instead of milkshakes, which won't work well in the mixer, try making floats or ice cream sodas. Coke floats, Root beer floats, us any flavor of soda, or ever kool aid will work too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)