Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Way too hot to cook. Need some creative and cheap meal ideas.

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 24 Replies

I have extra people stay with us for about another 3 weeks. I am feeding them because they are on rough times but she got a job and is looking for a place. They do help as far as taking care of their kids and cleaning. It is family and we are a little stripped as far as food supplies.

We have four teens. My oldest is getting ready to go to college and he has a job, our other two are not old enought to work other then mowing and babysitting. My aunt's ds just turned 16 and is looking for work. She has a nine year old that is at my mom's too crowded here and over there to place them here and her oldest dd has found a small place for herself, her baby and her youngest brother who is 2. We get him on weekends.

I need some creative salads and other foods that we don't have to cook. It gets really warm in my [lace just to run the coffee pot in the morning. We have one small ac window unit that I will only run in the afternoon for an hour, so we need some ideas.

No food allergies here.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:20 AM

macaroni salad, regular salad, cold cut sandwiches, tuna salad, cut fruit for dessert

momofjkkc
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM
We do spinich salad, boiled eggs cubed ham or lunch meat, and cheese.
Hotdogs are always a hit.
Do you have a bakery outlet near you? The one by me has a really cool free program, if yo spend a certain amount you get up to 4 additional items free.
I buy the white bread and make my own breadcrumbs and croutons. But they have other things as well.
cmorden06
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Look on just a pinch.com lots of cheap meal ideas

Quoting mizkriz73:

I have extra people stay with us for about another 3 weeks. I am feeding them because they are on rough times but she got a job and is looking for a place. They do help as far as taking care of their kids and cleaning. It is family and we are a little stripped as far as food supplies.

We have four teens. My oldest is getting ready to go to college and he has a job, our other two are not old enought to work other then mowing and babysitting. My aunt's ds just turned 16 and is looking for work. She has a nine year old that is at my mom's too crowded here and over there to place them here and her oldest dd has found a small place for herself, her baby and her youngest brother who is 2. We get him on weekends.

I need some creative salads and other foods that we don't have to cook. It gets really warm in my [lace just to run the coffee pot in the morning. We have one small ac window unit that I will only run in the afternoon for an hour, so we need some ideas.

No food allergies here.

little.worthen
by Krystal on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Mediterranean chicken salad wraps.
little.worthen
by Krystal on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Grill things
mizkriz73
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I would love to but no grill. We live in a basement apt. But I do have a crock pot and I was thinking about getting a electric grill for counter top.

Quoting little.worthen:

Grill things

little.worthen
by Krystal on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Buy a mini camping grill (= they're like $30

Quoting mizkriz73:

I would love to but no grill. We live in a basement apt. But I do have a crock pot and I was thinking about getting a electric grill for counter top.

Quoting little.worthen:

Grill things

mizkriz73
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

ty I think I will. I can use the little cement area by my front window to grill lol. I will just put my hands out to flip everything. Could be fun.

Quoting little.worthen:

Buy a mini camping grill (= they're like $30

Quoting mizkriz73:

Quoting little.worthen:

Grill things

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Do you have a crockpot? You can make a big pot of chili in it, or sloppy joes, ham and beans.........chili and ham and beans you can do with cornbread and can make that in the morning when its cooler out.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

pasta salads can be whatever you want them to be. My favorite is bow tie pasta, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, broccoli, and greek dressing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN