Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Ladies,please...enlighten me on this culinary topic

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 26 Replies

Fudge.

I don't get it.

I just don't get the fuss.

Okay-I understand it's fussy to make from what I hear/read-gotta have the temperature just right or (or what-it turns into an inedible mess? What's the horrific thing that happens to it?)

But I just don't get how or why it seems angels sing and the heavens shine bright when someone mentions "fudge" (cue angelic "ahhhhhhh") angel

Personally I find it trememdously sweet. I don't hate it-I just don't go out of my way to locate it/purchase it/devour it/give it as a gift.

Am I just out of the culinary loop on this topic?

Ladies-please. Educate me on this topic.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arthistmom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I'm not a fan of it, either, and I don't think I'll ever make it even though my husband likes it.

susieQ680
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM

i have never made it

Cindy18
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
5 moms liked this
It's incredieble decident! Good Fudge is smooth and creamy and melts in your mouth. I've never made it but I'm here in Michigan where the best fudge in the world is made. Mackinaw Island Fudge!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep I'm in MI too. The fudge is so good here. But I've never made it.

Quoting Cindy18:

It's incredieble decident! Good Fudge is smooth and creamy and melts in your mouth. I've never made it but I'm here in Michigan where the best fudge in the world is made. Mackinaw Island Fudge!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I grew up in Michigan. Mackinaw Island Fudge is very good.

Quoting Cindy18:

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I love good fudge, but much of what is available for sale is just not good. Homemade fudge is difficult to make. A good thermometer is key. Otherwise it's  either grainy or never sets up. And properly made, it's delicious.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I don't particularly like fudge.  I think it's the texture.

D-Town
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:54 AM

No. I'm not a fudge person either. And I'm from an area where Mackinac Island fudge is everywhere and considered the creme de la creme of the fudge world.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM
I tried making fudge once.

It sat in my fridge for legit weeks trying to set.

Fudge is a bastard lol.
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I have only made my Aunt's recipe, which is super easy and may not be "fudge" by technical standards, but looks and tastes the same to me.

We love fudge though and always get it when we go to the beach. For me, I think it goes back to always getting it when on vacation as a little girl. We always stopped at the same place where they made homemade fudge (peanut butter and maple walnut were the best) and sold souvenirs.

But DH and my kids love it, too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN