Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What Meal Reminds You of Your Childhood?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 27 Replies

Do you make it for your children?

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Angela on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

God no, my mom used to make something called the famous white dinner, chicken breast, mashed potatoes and white corn...now the Greek food my Grampi made I will make for my kids, but in vegetarian versions now

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Chicken Cacciatore over Polenta,  Hand rolled Raviolis, "Boiled Dinner", Roast Beef Hash.

I make them for my kids too.

Jessicamarquez
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Beans rice fried egg and salchichas (: sooooo good the "poor mans" meal and yes when she can eat even though we are not poor she will have it, its so comfy and yummy
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
So many. If I had to choose one I'd say meatloaf, fried potatoes and green beans. And yes, I make it for my family! One of my favs growing up and one of my family's favs now.
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM

beef stroganoff...my grandmas specialty.

cutemomjenof2
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Porkchops in cream of mushroom soup, mashed potatoes and green beans. And yes I make it for my family.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Salmon patties and Mac & cheese. My grandma made this all the time, and she lived next door so I was there all the time. My dd wouldn't eat the patties but she does like mac & cheese.

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn and/or green beans with apple pie. That was my grandmas special meal and she was a great cook. And I do make it for my family once in a while. She also did browned hamburger mixed with BBQ sauce for quick sandwiches for me and I do that as well. And her homemade chocolate cake is my all time favorite.
katielovesyou21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM

classic southern food. Fried chicken mashed potatoes and gravy cornbread bisquits etc

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

We ate a lot of tuna casserole, Mrs. Budd's chicken pie and boiled dinner.  Blech.  I don't eat any of them anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN