Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Breakfast

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

I used to be the breakfast queen but lately my 3 year old will only eat breakfast food with chocolate in it. Ugh. I need to break her of that. She only wants chocolate muffins, chocolate chip muffins or chocolate chip pancakes. Can someone give me some better ideas??? She doesnt eat waffles (unless they are chocolate chip). She will not eat cereal. I even let her pick the kind she wants and she will not eat it. I used to do toast but now she doesnt want that. She will eat a couple bites of egg but not enough to fill her up. HELP!

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Why not make your own smoothies to put a small spoonful of powder in to make it chocolately but she needs to eat whatever you have cooked.   There are tons of chocolate cereals now from special K to coco puffs even cheerios has a chocolate version.   My dd is the type who has to have a small muskateers for her wake up.  We call it her cup of coffee.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

For lunch and dinner she eats whatever I cook but I just dont cook breakfast. I like something quick. For myself i just have toast or cereal.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why not make your own smoothies to put a small spoonful of powder in to make it chocolately but she needs to eat whatever you have cooked.   There are tons of chocolate cereals now from special K to coco puffs even cheerios has a chocolate version.   My dd is the type who has to have a small muskateers for her wake up.  We call it her cup of coffee.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I just saw a post for breakfast grilled cheese....bacon, egg, cheese, and cook it like grilled cheese. I think dd would like that. And tomorrow i might make donuts from biscuit dough.....cinnamon sugar.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Maybe this is just a phase, her trying to have control. I wouldn't make too big a deal of it if its only been a short time. Just keep offering her nourishing food, and if she doesn't eat, don't try to encourage her, just ignore it.

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

She is trying to hold out for the "good stuff". Offer her a plate. If she doesnt eat that is it until the next snack or meal time....just dont give in. She will not allow herself to starve.

ReniaEats
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Have you tried having a conversation with her that chocolate only goes in breakfast food on special occassions and then sticking to your guns on that for a few days? She might not eat much for a day or two, but once she learns you're serious, she'll start eating again. Remember, your the Mom!

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Sorry-I'm not much help-I'm kinda right there with your daughter and guilty of making pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes.

Our daughter went through the chocolate chip waffle phase when she was 3. Now she eats cereal-some with chocolate,some without. It may just be a stage.

The breakfast grilled cheese idea sounds good.

I agree with Luci-I wouldn't make too big of a fuss over it because you don't want her developing the wrong idea that it's "forbidden",and then she becomes even more obsessed. Maybe just work on it being more of an occasional treat than an every day thing.

Does she like fruit? Yogurt? Granola? If so maybe have her help you make breakfast parfaits.

grandmotherof6
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

oatmeal, banana, milk,  toast, I have to make some meat for husband and some so I am cooking bacon for them

grandmotherof6
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

sons

susieQ680
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

I just saw a post for breakfast grilled cheese....bacon, egg, cheese, and cook it like grilled cheese. I think dd would like that. And tomorrow i might make donuts from biscuit dough.....cinnamon sugar.

would she eat a breakfast burrito

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)