Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which do you prefer to bake with?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Which type of chocolate do you prefer to bake with?

Options:

milk

semi-sweet

dark

white

None-I'm allergic :(

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

When it comes to desserts,which "flavor" of chocolate do you prefer?

Please take the poll :)

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by Kim on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:36 AM

milk!!

OliviaW.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I'm allergic.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Semi sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I've used all, it depends on the recipe. They're not usually interchangeable in recipes.  Milk chocolate is not often used in baking. Usually I prefer bittersweet for baking. For eating plain, I like milk chocolate.

manifer_momma
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Semi-sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
All just depends on what I'm baking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Semi sweet

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

All of it!!! Bring on the chocolate. 

It depends on what I am making.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

I've used all, it depends on the recipe. They're not usually interchangeable in recipes.  Milk chocolate is not often used in baking. Usually I prefer bittersweet for baking. For eating plain, I like milk chocolate.

Oh you went all technical chef on me (giggles cuz I wrote this post at yay early o'clock and I thought "I should re-word it cuz some may think I'm talking bout baking chocolate versus throwing chocolate chips in something")

rolling on floor

LOL-Luci-drop the technicality (giggles)-if it says "add milk chocolate chips"-do ya "listen" or say "puh-no-I'd rather semi sweet" (which call me a rebel-that's me-LOL!!!)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Teeheehee. No I'm very technical in my baking. If it says semi-sweet I would sub bittersweet-those two are interchangeable, but I wouldn't put in milk chocolate chips because they have a lower melting point and are sweeter, so the recipe would turn out, but the chips would melt more and in cookies, might cause them to burn or stick if they're on the bottom, and would give a sweeter taste to the finished product.  But that's just me.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Oh you went all technical chef on me (giggles cuz I wrote this post at yay early o'clock and I thought "I should re-word it cuz some may think I'm talking bout baking chocolate versus throwing chocolate chips in something")

rolling on floor

LOL-Luci-drop the technicality (giggles)-if it says "add milk chocolate chips"-do ya "listen" or say "puh-no-I'd rather semi sweet" (which call me a rebel-that's me-LOL!!!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)