Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Yellow Squash!

SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

So my parents' neighbor brought over a ton of yellow squash from her garden. I already planned to make veal oscar over pasta. I have all the ingredients. How can I incorporate the squash?

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Cut it and cook it and toss it with the pasta. What kind of sauce is on the pasta?? I was assuming you are using an oil or butter sauce.....Or if you have any other veggies make a veggie medley on the side.

SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Well, it's a Bearnaise sauce...

Quoting Kimberly954:

Cut it and cook it and toss it with the pasta. What kind of sauce is on the pasta?? I was assuming you are using an oil or butter sauce.....Or if you have any other veggies make a veggie medley on the side.

OliviaW.
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I always cut and freeze some for stews and soups in the winter.
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hm, i thought hollandase was on oscar. But to me hollandase and bearnaise dont taste too different. Are you tossing the pasta in it? I think you could throw the squash right in with the pasta.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Kimberly954:

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Haha. We gave up. My parents are getting takeout!

Quoting Kimberly954:

Hm, i thought hollandase was on oscar. But to me hollandase and bearnaise dont taste too different. Are you tossing the pasta in it? I think you could throw the squash right in with the pasta.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Kimberly954:

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

No idea, but good luck.

arthistmom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

If you had the other ingredients, the summer squash would be a great addition to a ratatouille (half what's called for in zucchini and add the squash).

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Try India yellow squash kurma. Very very good. 

Bradensmommy719
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Its just easy to cook the squash and add it in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

LOL....hope it was good takeout!

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Haha. We gave up. My parents are getting takeout!

Quoting Kimberly954:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Kimberly954:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)