Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Not to start the "Carolina BBQ Wars",but....

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 31 Replies

Does anyone have a good recipe for the Eastern (North Carolina) (Vinegar based) barbeque sauce?

Obviously I'm not asking for the family treasured recipe (I know how these BBQ recipes are guarded)

But does anyone have one that they can share (or have you possibly tried out the one listed on allrecipes.com?)????

I'm looking to make my own. (Sorry,not looking for the mustard based one)

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosiemarie
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM
No but sticky fingers brand makes a really good Carolina one great vinegar flavor!!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Does anyone have a good recipe for the Eastern (North Carolina) (Vinegar based) barbeque sauce?

Obviously I'm not asking for the family treasured recipe (I know how these BBQ recipes are guarded)

But does anyone have one that they can share (or have you possibly tried out the one listed on allrecipes.com?)????

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Thanks,but if it's the one I've seen in the grocery store here it's the mustard based one though :(

I do like Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce,but I'm looking more for the type you find at local pits vs chain bbq. Thanks though! :)

Quoting rosiemarie:

No but sticky fingers brand makes a really good Carolina one great vinegar flavor!!

Quoting ZsMommy:

LNLMommy
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I will ask DH to send it to me..he made it in the crock pot. Eastern Bbq is the best!
ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Quoting LNLMommy:

I will ask DH to send it to me..he made it in the crock pot. Eastern Bbq is the best!

Thank you :)

rosiemarie
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I'm up north and would live the recipe . Would live to try it!
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I've never made my own BBQ sauce.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting KamsOne:

I've never made my own BBQ sauce.

I can make a normal sticky BBQ tomato based sauce,but Eastern Carolina bbq sauce is more of a hot pepper vinegar that is awesome on BBQ pork.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting rosiemarie:

I'm up north and would live the recipe . Would live to try it!

I'll copy the one I found on allrecipes.com that has pretty many good reviews-but I was hoping to find someone who's either tried this version and could let me know their own review or have their own version. It's used for pork bbq.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Now here's the version I found online-but I'd love to know if anyone from Eastern NC has actually made this and can give a personal review. One review said to change Tabasco to Texas Pete hot sauce-I get that-you find Texas Pete everywhere in Eastern NC

Original recipe makes 2 cups Change Servings

Directions

1. Combine the white vinegar, cider vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days before using so that the flavors will blend. Shake occasionally, and store for up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
rosiemarie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Thanks!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN