Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Pot roast Edit :)

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 15 Replies

Making pot roast for dinner anyone have any good recipes?

EDIT Thanks for all the great recipes! I will have to try them!  I am going back to work when school starts so I am going to need all the great slow cooker recipes I can get.  And we love roast.  Thanks again! :-)

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlyssaN
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I throw mine in the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet of onion soup mix, lots of minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce. It's how my grandma did hers when I was growing up and it's so good and the gravy is amazing :)
Monkeymama930
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Thanks we love anything with wostshire! I'm
Going to have to try i. :-)

How long do you cook it for I always get around 5lbs

Quoting AlyssaN:

I throw mine in the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 packet of onion soup mix, lots of minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce. It's how my grandma did hers when I was growing up and it's so good and the gravy is amazing :)

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

3 PACKET ROAST

OMG-Sooooo good!!!

3 Envelope Roast Beef
1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 envelope dry Brown gravy mix
1 cup water
2~3 lb. beef roast
1 1 lb. bag baby carrots
2 lbs. potatoes, cut in chunks or whole red potatoes
1-2 onions, cut into quarters

Put the roast in the crock, then mix the dry ingredients and water, and pour over roast and vegetables. You could put in your veggies now(I put them in at the beginning) or wait until 1/2 way done. Cook on low 7-8 hours. or high 4-5 hours.

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I cook a 5lb roast on low 8-9 hours.

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Thanks we love anything with wostshire! I'm

Going to have to try i. :-)

How long do you cook it for I always get around 5lbs

Quoting AlyssaN:

rebeccab1966
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I marinate the meat overnight in beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, a little soy sauce, and pepper, than throw it all in the crockpot the next day with a couple tablespoons of tomato paste, sliced onion and chunks of carrots.

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I usually just cook it with a little water and garlic, salt, and pepper, unless I crockpot it then I use the Mccormick's seasoning packs.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM

This!!!  Yum.  My favorite roast!  And you can thicken up the "sauce" after cooking to make a gravy.  Fabulous over mashed potatoes! 

Quoting ZsMommy:

3 PACKET ROAST

OMG-Sooooo good!!!

3 Envelope Roast Beef
1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 envelope dry Brown gravy mix
1 cup water
2~3 lb. beef roast
1 1 lb. bag baby carrots
2 lbs. potatoes, cut in chunks or whole red potatoes
1-2 onions, cut into quarters

Put the roast in the crock, then mix the dry ingredients and water, and pour over roast and vegetables. You could put in your veggies now(I put them in at the beginning) or wait until 1/2 way done. Cook on low 7-8 hours. or high 4-5 hours.

susieQ680
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM

One can of cream of mushroom soup,1 package of onion soup mix, 5 carrots,5 taters . Cut the potatoes carrots up then put the soup and the onion mix together mix until the vegatables r covered put the bottom of crock pot . this was so good i dod it the other day ot came out grate .

Basherte
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting periwinkle163:

I usually just cook it with a little water and garlic, salt, and pepper, unless I crockpot it then I use the Mccormick's seasoning packs.

I usually do this. Then add cut up potatoes, carrots, and large chunks of onion in the pan.

I did this yesterday, in preparation for making beef veggie soup with cabbage. I'm adding the beef today, after letting it rest and chopping it up...and the cabbage today. Then tonight we'll eat it. I've already added the veggies, because they were the only things that weren't already cooked. Well, except for a few of the potatoes. They will get added today with the meat.

CafeMom Tickers
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I use the slow cooker too, with very similar recipes to what's already been given.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN