Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Canned chicken

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 27 Replies

If you have used it what can or did you make with it? I have a few cans and have yet to even open them. Thanks a bunch.

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I have tried it and don't care for it personally. Sorry, that's just my honest opinion.

I would probably use it in a casserole of some kind, to sort of mask the off-putting flavor.

My DH is a retired Marine and says it tastes like an MRE (meal ready to eat) which they used to take into the field. :/
OliviaW.
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Never bought it predone but I've canned chicken before. Normally I use that chicken and dumplings or chicken and noodles or chicken soup
gymgirl
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Rince it good it takes most of the sodium out of it. u can make a chicken salad sandwich with it.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

clowry02
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

make chicken and noodles out of it

Cindy18
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I love to make Chicken Salad with it. 

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Mix with cream cheese and mayo for sandwiches, mix with rice and cream of chicken soup for creamy chicken and rice, use in chicken and rice/noodle soup, chicken and dumplings.
ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I only use it in 3 things...Buffalo chicken dip...My own version of Homestyle Bakes Country chicken (It's merely mashed potatoes layered in a baking dish covered with a country gravy and chicken mix topped with bisquick drop biscuits and baked til biscuits are done and it's all bubbly hot) and a occasional chicken sandwich (mixed with olive oil and spices-daughter doesn't like mayo) if I have some on hand and need a quick lunch. Other than  that-we don't buy it often.

katielovesyou21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

idk i have never had it but i saw it on chopped the other day :D

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I've never used canned chicken.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Quoting mommyinthe303:

If you have used it what can or did you make with it? I have a few cans and have yet to even open them. Thanks a bunch.

There's the same amount of chicken in a can like tuna. It's very soft and makes a good chicken salad sandwich.

You can also add a can or two when making stuffing.

Mix it with a package of country style gravy and a can of drained mixed vegetables. Put in a baking pan and top with canned biscuits for a quick chicken pot pie.

It also makes wonderful chicken & rice.

You can make white chicken chili with it too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN