Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Do you make meals ahead of time and freeze them for later?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you make meals ahead of time and freeze them for later?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't but I feel like I should be doing this!

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Absolutely! I started a freezer meal swap with 4 other girls that live near me. We swap approximately once every 5-6 weeks. Plus, I make myself an extra to have on hand for later. Its soooo much easier making 5 or 6 of the same thing and freezing than just making one.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

And its more cost efficient as well.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Absolutely! I started a freezer meal swap with 4 other girls that live near me. We swap approximately once every 5-6 weeks. Plus, I make myself an extra to have on hand for later. Its soooo much easier making 5 or 6 of the same thing and freezing than just making one.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I do a lot of double batch cooking, eat one and freeze one for later.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM

No, I've never done this.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
No. Don't like the taste of leftovers.
scarmechel
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

I have always wanted to try this. Once you freeze them do u put them directly into the oven? What is the best easy recipe you enjoy?

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Once frozen, I take them out of the freezer the night before I want to eat it and fridge thaw it.

I make a lot of casseroles (pasta dishes freeze soooo well as do rice dishes). My last swap I did meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I freeze meatloaf raw with the topping sauce in a baggie on the side and mashed potatoes cooked and put into a ziplock baggie. That meal was REALLY good frozen.

Quoting scarmechel:

Quoting Kimberly954:

I have always wanted to try this. Once you freeze them do u put them directly into the oven? What is the best easy recipe you enjoy?

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Search this group for "freezer friendly" and you will see a lot of the recipes I have posted! :)

scarmechel
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Great I will do that thank you.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Search this group for "freezer friendly" and you will see a lot of the recipes I have posted! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN