Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT DO YOU COOK WHEN YOU DONT FEEL LIKE COOKING??

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM
  • 16 Replies

Anybody else a big fan of semi-homemade?  I do like cooking from scratch but when I dont feel like cooking, pre-made items really help me get through my funk.

I made 3 cheese stuffed tortellini with alfredo sauce, petite peas and turkey meatballs and a side dinner salad.  Most of the items were pre-made but I was able to put together a nice dinner when I really wanted to just order pizza, so I saved some money!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalynnsmith
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:57 AM

I do rice a grilled (in door grill like the george foreman) chicken or pork and a bag of frozen mixed veggies

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I did a similar dish last week, tortellini with alfredo sauce, peas and a little leftover ham from the freezer, with salad

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I usually pull out a meal from the freezer that I've previously made.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I also keep a package of kielbasa or smoked sausage  or ham steak for nights like this. The package keeps a long time. Then I either serve on rolls or saute with cabbage or onions & peppers or add a can of baked beans, plus a salad or veggie and done!

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:08 AM

sounds good but my kids wouldnt eat it....or my so.....my so cooks if im not feeling well..

la1118
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this
I order pizza, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Same here.  I always have turkey kielbasa in the fridge.  It is my go-to meal when I need something quick.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I also keep a package of kielbasa or smoked sausage  or ham steak for nights like this. The package keeps a long time. Then I either serve on rolls or saute with cabbage or onions & peppers or add a can of baked beans, plus a salad or veggie and done!

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Chili, Mac and cheese, baked beans with kielbasa, chicken in crockpot with BBQ sauce, instant mashed, and a veggie. Or the very occasional 12 pack tacos from Taco Bell.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM

If I really don't want to cook, I don't. We order food, otherwise I might make pasta or brats if I'm just having a busy day.

Monkeymama930
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Leftovers, if I don't have those pasta goes over well with my son he likes it with just a tiny hint of sauce.  If i just cant cook hot dogs and fruit, big hit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)