Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Food Processor

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have had a food processor sitting on my kitchen counter for over a year now and I was looking at some ideas what I can do with it..

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I pretty much only use mine to make bread crumbs.  Or to make Oreo crumbs for my Oreo balls.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Bump

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I do this as well.

Pesto. Baby food. Puree tomato for sauces.

I think thats about all i use mine for but i know mine has a dough mode on it. Hm...i actually used it the other day and now i cant remember what for but i was using it on pulse to mix something up.

Quoting KamsOne:

I pretty much only use mine to make bread crumbs.  Or to make Oreo crumbs for my Oreo balls.

singlemom0710
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

BUMP!

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Oh, i remember now!! I made the crust for my cobbler in it!

Quoting Kimberly954:

I do this as well.

Pesto. Baby food. Puree tomato for sauces.

I think thats about all i use mine for but i know mine has a dough mode on it. Hm...i actually used it the other day and now i cant remember what for but i was using it on pulse to mix something up.

Quoting KamsOne:

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

You can make pie crust in them.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM

They come with two blades. I probably use the grate-slice most. I use the one in the bottom for making cheesecake exclusively. I have other blenders for makng sauces & smoothies. I have mixed meatloaf in the processor ... it's a rude clean-up.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

. Making Crumbs : Turn graham crackers, dried bread, cookies and other crackers into crumbs to use as toppings, crusts and filler.

2. Homemade Salsas, Hummus and Pesto: Use fresh ingredients to make your own salsas, dips, hummus, pesto, spreads and pates (if you’re adventurous) in seconds.

3. Purée: The food processor is great for soups, sauces and other pureed liquids.

4. Chopped or Ground Nuts: Chop nuts into large or small pieces — make a nut meal by running it a little longer — or keep the motor running to make your own nut butters!

5. Shredding: Most processors come with a slicing and shredding blade. This tears through hard cheeses and is excellent for shredded vegetables like potatoes for hash browns, cabbage for coleslaw and zucchini and carrots for baked goods and salads.

6. Slicing and Chopping: Aside from shredding, the attachment that comes with your machine includes a slicing and chopping blade ideal for raw vegetables and hard fruits.

7. Making Dough and Crust: Mixing up dough for piecrust, pizza and even homemade bread can be quickly and easy mixed in your food processor. Pasta fanatics can make their own noodles at home with this as well..

8. Cheesecake – There are several cheesecake recipes that call for batter to be whipped until silky smooth using a food processor.

9. Grains to Flour: If you want to try your hand at making your own flour, use the food processor to grind up your whole grains.

10. Ground Meat: Chop raw meat into medium (2-inch) sized chunks and place in the freezer until firm — the edges will be stiff. Pulse the partially frozen meat in the processor bowl until you reach the consistency to want. Be carefully not to process for too long, however, or you’ll end up with meat paste.

11. Shredded Meat: For recipes that call for shredded meat, like enchiladas, run cooked meat through the food processor for just a few seconds.

12. Homemade Butter and Mayonnaise: Process heavy cream in this appliance, and, within minutes, you’ll have homemade butter. Making homemade mayonnaise is a snap and saves your arm from the aches a whisk can cause, too!

13. Make Your Own Baby Food: Processing large batches of cooked meats, vegetables and fruits are not only done quickly in a food processor, but the blades eliminate any possibilities of leftover chunks that a stand mixer might leave behind. Freeze homemade baby food in ice cube trays then transfer frozen food to freezer bags.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I use it to puree whole tomatoes.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

I use it to puree whole tomatoes.

Do you peel them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)