Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you make your own sauce or buy it in a jar?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do you make your own sauce or buy it in a jar?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I buy my sauce but my MIL makes it from scratch.

Midnite00
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I make my own but once in a while I might pick up a jar because I am in hurry to make dinner... it makes it easiler for me ; as a empty nest momma, to make. somethings taste really bad frozen and reheated.  So I can make smaller batches that way.  I have to tell you one time I had to buy a jar of spagetti sauce because my sauce was bad... not sure what I did wrong but had to get some sauce to eat with dinner... LOL 

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I start with a jar and add ingredients to taste

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I make my own.  

Although I do use jarred sauce when making pizza.  I won't use it on pasta though.

MixedCooke
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Both depending on how much time I have

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy it. I honestly tried to make my own pasta sauce, had what I thought would be a great recipe but it was awful, even dh didn't like it so I can't see wasting that kind of money when a jar costs less than $2 on sale.

Kimberly954
by Kim on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Both. When sauce is B1G1 and i have coupons I buy it and use it on basic spaghetti. But if i am making stuffed shells or if i have an open bottle of red wine that i need to finish I make my own.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

A little of both, dh actually makes a fantastic tomato sauce and we freeze it, but I also keep jarred on hand.

la1118
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM

For spaghetti I make my own.  I will buy the sauce if I am making chicken parm or some other pasta dishes, though.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM

not good at making homemade recipes.. i would love too.. but i wouldn't want to risk in wasting food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)