Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

I need a kids snack

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Cheap, easy, feeds quite a few kids. Whatcha got?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlyssaN
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM
For 6 older kids yesterday, I did 4 cans tuna with the mayo, mustard, and a little cream cheese, then they dipped ritz crackers in it. They went through 3 rolls of them. Popcorn is usually cheap and fun. Peanut butter and apples, homemade cookies or brownies.
Kimberly954
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Hm, popcorn....thats not a bad idea. is it ok cold??

Quoting AlyssaN:

For 6 older kids yesterday, I did 4 cans tuna with the mayo, mustard, and a little cream cheese, then they dipped ritz crackers in it. They went through 3 rolls of them. Popcorn is usually cheap and fun. Peanut butter and apples, homemade cookies or brownies.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I like to do a "popcorn trailmix."  I use regular popcorn, raisins, a bit of M&Ms, and some chex cereal.  It easily makes 20+ bags of snack.  This was a popular treat at DS' preschool.

Another snack the kids there liked were cheese flatbreads.  I simply put a tortilla in a large frying pan, sprinkled cheese on it, layered another tortilla on top, and then flipped.  Browned the other side 30 seconds, cut into triangles.  1 bag of LARGE tortillas and 2 bags of cheese made enough triangles for 15 kids to have 2-3 each.  It was good cold.  Sometimes I'd get creative and use cookie cutters to make fun shapes with them, but that would create a bit more "waste" so I'd need an extra bag of tortillas and cheese.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Oh, the trailmix sounds good. :) I have a chex mix already. I can just add some stuff to it.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I like to do a "popcorn trailmix."  I use regular popcorn, raisins, a bit of M&Ms, and some chex cereal.  It easily makes 20+ bags of snack.  This was a popular treat at DS' preschool.

Another snack the kids there liked were cheese flatbreads.  I simply put a tortilla in a large frying pan, sprinkled cheese on it, layered another tortilla on top, and then flipped.  Browned the other side 30 seconds, cut into triangles.  1 bag of LARGE tortillas and 2 bags of cheese made enough triangles for 15 kids to have 2-3 each.  It was good cold.  Sometimes I'd get creative and use cookie cutters to make fun shapes with them, but that would create a bit more "waste" so I'd need an extra bag of tortillas and cheese.

AlyssaN
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM
We don't mind it cold. As long as its tightly sealed until served, it usually stays crunchy.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Hm, popcorn....thats not a bad idea. is it ok cold??

Quoting AlyssaN:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Salami, cheese, and crackers, platter of cut up fruit.

KamsOne
by Jen on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Veggie tray with dip.  Easy and healthy!

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Apples, grapes, any fruit...or fruit kabobs. Veggie kabobs. . Pigs in a blanket.. puppy chow.. all different kinds on pinterest. Cheese and crackers with turkey. Trail mix. That's all I can think of at the moment
MotoStar
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I buy popcorn on sale. Pop a couple of bags and then portion it out into snack sized baggies. My kids love it!

We also do cheese and crackers, grapes, peanut butter with bananas or apples or celery, pretzels with cream cheese and yogurt parfaits.

periwinkle163
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Trail mix is usually a big hit, we have done any fruit on sale, cookies, cheese nips, oh and chocolate dipped marshmallows are a hit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)