Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fish Tacos

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is also a good way to get kids to eat fish. They will often eat these tacos better than they will a piece of fish on a plate.

Fish Tacos
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
3 tablespoons minced cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1 pound cod
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 corn tortillas

In small bowl, stir together sour cream, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice; set aside.

Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium heat. Add green pepper; cook 3 minutes. Add cod to pan and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the chili powder. Cover; cook 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.

Flake fish in a medium-size bowl; add skillet contents. Add remaining cilantro, lime juice and chili powder to bowl; stir gently. Heat tortillas. Divide fish among tortillas and serve with sauce.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Yum, I love fish tacos!
periwinkle163
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I've never made them, but my kids love things in taco shells.

Kimberly954
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:58 PM

For kids though I would elminate cilantro. Its so strong and one of those things that you love or hate....no in betweens!

jjamom
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I don't care for it either. I often use Italian flat leaf parsley in it's place.

Quoting Kimberly954:

For kids though I would elminate cilantro. Its so strong and one of those things that you love or hate....no in betweens!

KaylaMillar
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM

dh would love these. I'm not a huge fish fan

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

All of us like cilantro, but I always taste it for strength, because some is more pungent than others. You could also use parsley or dill, or leave it out all together.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)