Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have the hardest time!!

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have the hardest time coming up with different meals every week! Anyone have easy recipes they want to share!? I have a family of 4 (including me) were not picky :)
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh there are so many good recipes in this group, you'll have to look around. You're bound to find several to try.

This is one of my favs: Overnight Chicken Casserole

2  10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup

2 1/2  cups milk

8  ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed

4  cups chicken, cooked and chopped

7  ounces uncooked macaroni

3  eggs, hard boiled, chopped

1/4  cup margarine, melted

In large bowl, combine soup, milk, and cheese. Add chicken, macaroni, and eggs. Stir in melted butter. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 60-65 minutes until bubbly.

Optional Topping:

1/4  cup margarine, melted

1 1/2  cups soft bread crumbs

Before baking, mix 1/4c. melted butter with 1 1/2c. soft bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Cook 60-65 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.

~~ I never do the topping because we always have leftovers and the bread topping is soggy when heated up~~

leanntx
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I check on here for recipes occasionally, but my favorite places to look are Pinterest and Taste of Home.
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I love Pinterest for recipes too. I have hundreds pinned.

Quoting leanntx:

I check on here for recipes occasionally, but my favorite places to look are Pinterest and Taste of Home.

MotoStar
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I have the all recipe app on my phone. I look here and Pinterest!

My favorite thing is to come up with new stuff or new ways to prepare old classics!

Kimberly954
by Kim on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I meal plan my dinners.....I try to make a variety each week and then rarely eat the same thing twice in a month. So tonight we had fish sandwiches and fries. Tomorrow I am making homemade pizza. Weekends we grill out....steaks or burgers. Etc.

AlyssaN
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My family loves tacos(I add refried beans to the meat to make it stretch), nachos, orange chicken with rice(I buy the popcorn chicken, bake it, and pour Panda Express orange sauce over it and serve with rice and stir fried veggies), pulled pork sandwiches, spaghetti, sour cream noodle bake, crock pot pot roast with mashed potatoes and veggies, BBQ chicken, burgers and fries on the rare occasion, French bread pizzas. Pinterest, food.com, and tasteofhome.com are great places too. There are also sites where you can input what you have on hand, then they'll give you recipes.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

some of our family favorites are chicken alfredo stuffed shells, cilantro lime tacos, roasts, herbed chicken with honey butter, waffles....

Lydlou02
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Me too. I've taken to keeping a meal journal just to ensure variety. It helps me remind myself that we just ate that a few days ago, and shouldn't have the same thing so soon. (unless it's leftovers)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rashellj19
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I also use Pinterest! Just thought I'd ask you guys :) Thank you all
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously...my meals come from Pinterest.  I have so much stuff pinned.  I make out my menu every two weeks when DH gets paid.  I click on my Dinners board and go through, picking stuff out (my girls help!).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)