Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Do you drink shakes?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

I keep seeing so many good looking recipes for shakes and am thinking about starting to make them. It seems like it could be pricey to make fresh veggie and/or fruit shakes though.

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Use fruit that's in season, that's always cheaper. Also compare to frozen. Sometimes it's cheaper than fresh. I make smoothies for breakfast almost every morning using fresh fruit in season  or frozen, with yogurt and I also put in fresh spinach to get a little more green in my family. You can't taste the spinach. It's quick and easy and everyone likes it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I used to. I want to start juicing, just haven't done it yet.

MixedCooke
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Not a fan of smoothies

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I dont normally make them. 

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Fruit has been pretty cheap here lately, use fruit your family would normally eat to start with.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

nope

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

If you're wanting to make smoothies on a whim, go with fresh fruit/veg that you normally buy. This time of the year (summer), you might want to try some watermelon, cantaloupe, or peach smoothies. Granny Smith & Butterscotch smoothies are very good. Chocolate Banana smoothies always favorite. Cherry Fizz smoothie is a bit expensive but so good.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM

shakes not so much.. smoothies yes.. love me some fresh smoothies.:)

ReniaEats
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM

It can get really expensive really fast (and really high in calories really fast). I freeze a whole bunch of blueberries and strawberries when they are in season. Then, for breakfast most days I have a scoop of chocolate protein powder with a cup of frozen blueberries or strawberries and a cup of almond milk. 

2divasmom2019
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I agree on buying frozen. It makes it cheaper, particularly for berries, which we use in our smoothies a lot. And I agree with SweetLuci, great was to sneak in other veggies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)