Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

That stubborn buildup from nonstick cooking spray

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
This isn't a recipe but a cleaning shortcut I just discovered. I have this beautiful white casserole dish that has a raised design on it. Very pretty but a bear to clean especially when it gets caked with the nasty yellow buildup from nonstick sprays. I've almost sprained my wrist trying to scrub that tar-like stuff off. So today I decided to try some other cleaners than just dish soap. What worked?! Gojo! That stuff you use to clean your hands after working on the car. I'm sure other brands would work. I think most of them have pumice or some gentle abrasive in them. I cleaned the casserole dish in no time flat. Thought I'd share.
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Monkeymama930
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
My grandma used to say bakeing soda? I always wondered what would help on the metal pans they always seem to get to looking so stained.
Momof5Boys610
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I use an SOS pad to get that sticky stuff off my glass baking dishes and metal pans. Works great! Also, the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are a godsend! I LOVE those things!! They clean darn near anything!
Cealleigh
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Haven't tried the magic erasers yet. With an almost 2yo son, I probably should pick some up.

Don't know how to address the buildup on coated metal pans. I'm hesitant to use scouring pads or abrasive cleaners. I spent a pretty penny on my Wilton baking sheets. I'd hate to ruin them. I might try a baking soda paste.
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Oh that's genius. Tfs!!

Momof5Boys610
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Oh you have to try them! They are awesome!

I dont have real good quality pans so I don't mind using the SOS pads on them. Especially since they work really well at getting that sticky stuff off the pans.

Quoting Cealleigh:

Haven't tried the magic erasers y.et. With an almost 2yo son, I probably should pick some up.

Don't know how to address the buildup on coated metal pans. I'm hesitant to use scouring pads or abrasive cleaners. I spent a pretty penny on my Wilton baking sheets. I'd hate to ruin them. I might try a baking soda paste.

Midnite00
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I use the orange gojo hand cleaner for the grease buildup on the range hood!! 

periwinkle163
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Clever idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN