Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What should I bring?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 16 Replies

We are invited to our neighborhood block party and are asked to bring a side dish. Any suggestions besides the usual potato salad or macaroni salad? Thanks in advance!

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

good for showers- Strawberries Filled with ready-made cheesecake filling, delicious and easy when you need to bring something to a party
Strawberries Filled with ready-made cheesecake filling, delicious and easy when you need to bring something to a party

bookworm326
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM

You can always do a play on a traditional potato or pasta salad. ie pasta salad with swiss chard and cheddar cheese with a citrus dressing or a potato salad with a mustart vinagarette. Or devilled eggs with some wasabi. Those have all been hits at cookouts I've been to this summer.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

If it's in the afternoon around 2pm, you could take a layered salad with ham & turkey layers. If it's in the evening, take some dessert bars or brownies.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Broccoli salad

tina454542
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Baked beans, turkey roll-ups, coleslaw, or meatballs in bbq sauce.

AlyssaN
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Cocktail meatballs, 7 layer taco dip, little smokies in BBQ sauce, fruit salad, chips and salsa.
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I like previous suggestions, really you can take anything, options are limitless. Maybe take something you enjoy making.

starlight1968
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

fruit kababs!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Fruit salad. Don't take any that has whipped cream or cream cheese dressing, as neither does well in hot weather. By the time people eat it (some will eat it as dessert), it will be melting. Brownies or cookies would be good. Or broccoli salad or layered salad.

Khanfan
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I took Deviled Eggs last week to a bbq, they went fast.  Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN