Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Peaches!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
So, I have roughly 5lbs of peaches that I got from the farmers market and I need to use them up!

I'm going to make grilled peaches to go with dinner tonight, but I need your favorite peach recipes! Bring 'em on, ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I love peach pie and peach cobbler! This is a really easy and really good cobbler I've made a few times:

http://m.foodnetwork.com/recipes/23157

Sorry, I can't make the link clicky from my phone. If you want to search it is Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler recipe on Food Network.

I wish I had my Mom's canned peaches recipe. They were SO good!
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

its clicky now. :)

Quoting jjamom:

I love peach pie and peach cobbler! This is a really easy and really good cobbler I've made a few times:

Sorry, I can't make the link clicky from my phone. If you want to search it is Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler recipe on Food Network.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Thank you SO much!

Quoting mylilprincesses:

Quoting jjamom:

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

cobbler or jam! Or even a peach chutney to put on top of fish.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM

youre welcome :)

Quoting jjamom:

Thank you SO much!

Quoting mylilprincesses:

Quoting jjamom:

mojogirl
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

would get them by the bushel when i was a kid.  mom would slice them up and freeze them.  MADE THE BEST PEACH MILKSHAKES IN YOUR LIFE!

defrosted peaches are still good in cobblers, breads and the like.  i just hate to see a good peach go to waste.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Freeze them!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Peach pie, peach cobbler, peach crisp - sometimes it's nice to enjoy peaches without baking them! This recipe lets you do just that. It's a fluffy, airy mousse meant to be enjoyed cold, straight from the fridge.

Peach Mousse

4 very ripe peaches, peeled, flesh chopped
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon zest
4 fresh mint leaves, for garnish

In a large bowl, toss peaches and sugar together. Refrigerate 1 hour. Mash peaches with a fork or masher and reserve juices.

In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, vanilla, zest, and reserved juice. Whip until thick and smooth. Gently fold in mashed peaches and chill until serving. Garnish with mint.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM

This recipe from Cook's Country is delicious!

Goal: The goal of this recipe was to create a scaled-down version of this quick fruit dessert. We sauté the peaches in butter and brown sugar to intensify their flavor and drive off excess moisture, preventing a soggy cobbler. A flour-lemon juice slurry thickens the filling slightly and brightens the flavor. A simple biscuit topping comes together with just a stir, and if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, we provide an easy substitute using milk and lemon juice. A final sprinkling of sugar on the biscuits creates a sweet, craggy, well-browned crust, and an 8-inch skillet is the perfect baking vessel for a dessert for two.

Peach Cobbler for Two

Serves 2

Three-quarters pound thawed, frozen, sliced peaches may be substituted for the fresh. If using frozen peaches, eliminate the covered cooking time in step 1 and increase the uncovered cooking time to 6 to 8 minutes, or until the peaches begin to lightly caramelize. If you don’t have buttermilk, combine ¼ cup milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and let sit for about 10 minutes before proceeding.

Filling

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 pound fresh peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, and cut into ½-inch wedges, or ¾ pound frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1½ teaspoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon all-purpose flour

Topping

½ cup (2½ ounces) all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar

½ teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

1/8 teaspoon salt

¼ cup buttermilk

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled

1. For the filling: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in 8-inch ovensafe skillet over medium-high heat. Add peaches, sugar, and salt and cook, covered, until peaches release their juices, about 3 minutes. Remove lid and simmer until liquid has evaporated and peaches begin to caramelize, 4 to 6 minutes. Whisk lemon juice and flour together in bowl and stir into peaches. Cover skillet and remove from heat.

2. For the topping: Whisk flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in bowl. Stir in buttermilk and butter until dough forms.

3. Using spoon, drop 1-inch pieces of dough spaced evenly over hot peach mixture in skillet. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar and bake until topping is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN