Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Lobster

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 16 Replies

I have a lot of it. Give me your best recipe.

I usually make it grilled, or with pasta either as a dijonese or in a cream sauce.

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Lucky you!

Lobster Rolls

4 cups cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces

1/2 cup  mayonnaise

1/4 cup chopped green onions

1 tablespoon chopped celery

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon dill or seafood seasoning- optional

1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley

Dash hot sauce

4 hot dog buns

2 Tablespoons soft butter 

Combine first 7 ingredients. Butter and grill buns. Spoon 3/4 cup salad into each bun.

This can also be served on top of salad greens for a maindish salad.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Lobster Linguini

1 (8-ounce) package uncooked linguini

2 cups dry white wine

1/2 cup no-salt-added chicken stock (such as Swanson)

1 thyme sprig

3 (5-ounce) American lobster tails

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

2 tablespoons fresh parsley

1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.

While pasta cooks, bring wine, stock, and thyme sprig to a boil in a large skillet. Add lobster. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until done. Remove the lobster from pan, and cool slightly. Remove meat from lobster tails; coarsely chop.

Add oil, salt, and pepper to wine mixture in pan; bring to a boil. Cook 14 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Discard thyme sprig. Stir in cream. Add lobster meat and pasta to sauce. Cook 1 minute or until sauce coats pasta, and toss. Sprinkle with parsley and thyme. Serve immediately.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Lobster Mac & Cheese

16 ounces corkscrew pasta

6 tablespoons melted butter, divided

2 large garlic cloves, minced

1/2 cup finely chopped red onion

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 1/2 cups whole milk, at room temperature (I usually do part heavy cream)

1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese

1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Gruyčre cheese

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1/2 cup minced fresh chives

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt, divided

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided

1 pound coarsely chopped cooked lobster meat

2 cups oyster crackers, crushed

Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.

Place 4 tablespoons melted butter in a saucepot over medium-low heat. Add garlic and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute. Pour in milk; bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and thickened.

Remove from heat, and whisk in cheeses and next 3 ingredients. Stir in 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in pasta and lobster. Pour into a greased 3-quart baking dish.

Combine crushed crackers and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Stir in remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until crust is crisp and sauce bubbles. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

Ingredients:

• 1 lb cooked lobster meat (from two 2-3 lb whole lobsters), cut into 1/2'' pieces
  • 1/4 cup celery, minced
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Dash of hot sauce
  • Pinch of cayenne - could probably leave this out for the babies
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 4 split-top hot dog rolls

Directions:

1. Place the lobster meat, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper, salt, hot sauce, and cayenne in a bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until the buns are toasted.
  2. To toast the buns, preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lightly spread the butter over both sides of each bun. Cook until golden brown, about 2—3 minutes. Turn the buns over and toast the other side. When the buns are ready, stuff each with about 3/4 cup of the lobster mixture.

http://www.qvc.com/LobsterRoll.content.html?cm_ven=PIN&cm_cat=QVC&cm_pla=SUMMERRECIPES&cm_ite=LOBSTERROLL
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Give me some...that will help with your problem of overabundant lobster :)
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

the recipes i posted are on my pinterest.. so you can go and pin them. :)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I started out with a crab stuffed mushroom recipe that seemed similar and then changed it to what I feel is a pretty close version of what Red Lobster serves. You could also just use lobster.

Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
1/4 cup melted butter1 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed and set aside
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
1/3 cup minced onion
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

6-8 oz fresh crabmeat

1 pound lobster tail, cleaned and chopped

Scampi Sauce
1 stick butter
1/2 cup Chablis
3-4 Tablespoons garlic powder.

Preheat the oven to 375. Brush a large baking sheet with about 1/4 cup of melted butter. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer in several small baking dishes so they fit tight. Dice the stems and saute in 1/2 cup butter with red bell papper and onion. In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, sauteed mixture , shredded mozzarella cheese, crabmeat, and the lobster . Spoon into mushroom caps. Mix ingredients for Scampi sauce in small saucepan. cook 1-2 minutes or until butter is malted. Pour over top of mushrooms. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove and top with shredded white cheddar. replace in oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
Notes: You can eliminate the lobster and double the crabmeat, or use small chopped shrimp. You can also use canned crabmeat or surimi (Imitation crabmeat) to bring down the cost. (I gave a friend this recipe and she says she used the imitation and they like it) If you have stuffing leftover, you can freeze it and use it another time.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

This isn't a classic Alfredo, but it is a very good dish, and remarkably easy to make.

This may be varied by substituting cooked lobster meat for the crab, or by adding 36 cooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp, and about a quarter of a cup of chopped cooked broccoli instead of the crab meat.

Crab Alfredo
4 tablespoons Butter or margarine
4 tablespoons Flour
2 cups Half-and-half (heavy cream If you REALLY feel wicked)
1/2 cup (or more to Taste) grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and white pepper to Taste
Few grains cayenne pepper (optional)
6 (8 oz.) cooked snow crab meat, Cut into chunks

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour, and cook briefly until the mixture looks sandy. Do NOT let it color. Wisk in the half-and-half, and stir until the mixture forms a thick sauce. Stir in the cheese, and season to taste. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors, and stir in the crab meat. Cook JUST until the crab is heated through. Serve over cooked linguini, with additional Parmesan cheese and hot red pepper flakes on the side. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)