Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

salmon

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
Any good salmon ideas out there?
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I love salmon!

My favorite way to make it is very simple, with just butter and dill, baked in oven until flaky.

Another good recipe is equal parts brown sugar and spicy brown mustard, slathered over the salmon and baked (even better grilled on a cedar plank) until done through. It sounds strange, but is really balanced flavors in the end!
ballerina.2006
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Equal parts mayo and sour scream mixed together then spread on the fish. Topvwith spices and sliced tomatos. Bake for about 30min at 350 or until it easily flakes with a fork.

Salmon patties

Salmon stir fry

Brown sugar rub
OliviaW.
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I like it grilled with butter and lemon in foil is no clean up.
Kimberly954
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I like it with a hollandase sauce on it! Or salmon patties. Let me see if i can find my favorite recipe.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

These sound different but they are soooooo good. I mix dijon and mayo for a dip on the side. Yummy! (And i am REALLY picky when it comes to salmon patties!)

Original recipe makes 4 patties Change Servings

Directions

1. Combine salmon, onion, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, cheese and parsley; mix well. Shape into four patties. Dust lightly with flour. Chill for 20 minutes.
  2. In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the patties until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels before serving.
ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I make a "recreated" version that was served at Perkins resteraunt.

Basically it's just seasoned with lemon pepper,then after cooked served with a thick teryaki sauce (like a glaze) on top.

arthistmom
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Grilled salmon fillets with orange glaze.

mommyinthe303
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
How do you do that

Quoting arthistmom:

Grilled salmon fillets with orange glaze.

arthistmom
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Grill the salmon fillets the usual way and then when nearly cooked, top with a glaze that combines the following: orange preserves, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and a dash of cayenne. Finish grilling till done.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Quoting arthistmom:

Grill the salmon fillets the usual way and then when nearly cooked, top with a glaze that combines the following: orange preserves, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and a dash of cayenne. Finish grilling till done.

That sounds yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN