Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: What type of Grocery bags do you use?

Options:

Plastic

Paper

Reusable

all of the above

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Which one do you use? and Why?

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/abbienkatelyn/

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (11-15):
DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I don't consider reusable bags to be made of green anything and they are not recyclable. Plastic works fine and I take it back to the store and put it in the recycle box.

housewifehell
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I reuse bags either paper bags that people have given me or I have a few cloth ones.  I hate plastics and think they should be banned in most applications such as bags (both shopping and garbage).  Plastics are so bad for the planet and they are not recycled as they should be.  I also dislike plastic bags because the sound of them crinkling triggers my gag reflex (seriously been trying to figure out why for months) and I start throwing up so to me plastic bags are evil lol.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I think there should be a large neon flashing sign in the grocery parking lot saying "Bags" to remind us. lol

Quoting Kimberly954:

Same here. I even leave them IN MY CAR and dont remember to take them in the store when my hands are full with the kids.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

This...but mostly plastic since I never remember the reusable (except at the farmers market.)

Quoting SuperPickle:

All three depending on what I need at home....plastic if I need bathroom garbage liners/dog poo pick up bags, paper if I need brown wrapping(book covers, mailing paper ETC) and reusable when I remember them LOL.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I like plastic because I can reuse them in the waste paper baskets at home. But reusuable are my fave because they hold up longest.

periwinkle163
by Mandy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I usually use plastic unless I need bags for my kiddos school, then I get paper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)