Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Kids and Soda

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 20 Replies
What age did your kids start getting soda? I notice my dd's friends get soda a lot but she has never even tasted it before and she is almost 4. I was just curious. She knows when mommy has a soda its kind of like mommy having wine, she is not to touch it.
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

She was exposed at a young age.   We are teaching moderation and dd prefers water or milk even at restaurants where we say soda is acceptable as a treat.  She is 7 now and servers are impressed she chooses milk when that is an option.  She wont even drink chocolate milk.

MotoStar
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I think my son was around 5 the first time he tried it. I believe it was in a Root Beer float.

He has not had caffiene though and he only gets it as a "special" treat, maybe twice a month.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is 11 and she can have it now but only because I held off for so long she doesn't care for it. Mommy win =D

rmp
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My kids do not drink soda at all. I  do not drink it and it has tons of sugar. They are happy without it .

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Not sure-it may have been young cuz she had a bad stomach bug/fever when she was little and think we gave her some but yes-we do drink soda-no,not a lot. If it's in the house it's reserved to go with dinner or if we're out to eat she's always been allowed to have it. For regular drinking,none of us except my husband are guilty of. 

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

my girls where over a yr old when they got soda for the first time mostly sprite.. we have been pretty good lately at not having soda's around the house too much.. which i am so happy about cause they always choose that over water.. they are limited to one a day when we do have them here. since they are 3 and 5 now.

periwinkle163
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I'm not sure I would say 4 or 5 in small quantities.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

around 4 or 5

KamsOne
by Jen on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM

DD does not drink soda.  On rare occasions like b-day parties or sometimes when we go out to eat I will let her have Sprite or root beer, something with no caffeine.  But she never had it until she was 4 or 5.

KamsOne
by Jen on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I know this one older couple who gives soda to their 2-year old grandson all them time.  And not any of the "better" soda, they give him coke, pepsi, diet coke.  Right out of the can too.  I can't imagine letting my 2-year old just suck down soda all day long.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)