Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Do any of you ladies meal plan?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so how do you do it. Between games, practices and only 2 nights to actually be home I am almost exhausted to cook. I need some help. LOL

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
aj_mom
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM

For the most part since school is now back in session yes. I see what is going on if I know we will be home later b/c of practices or events we do something easy or I have something in the crockpot ready when we get home.

mommyinthe303
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Would you mind if I asked for a sample of what you do for the week?

Quoting aj_mom:

For the most part since school is now back in session yes. I see what is going on if I know we will be home later b/c of practices or events we do something easy or I have something in the crockpot ready when we get home.

aj_mom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Here is what we will be doing this week;

Monday-Spaghetti

Tuesday-Leftover Pizza

Wednesday-Pork Chops with Alfredo noodles and peas

Thursday-Not sure yet...maybe just sandwiches or soup

Friday-Eat with DHs parents

Usually Tuesdays and Thursdays are the same thing...EX: vegetable soup, chili, or chicken pot pie.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Would you mind if I asked for a sample of what you do for the week?

Quoting aj_mom:

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

JACKPOT! Thanks for posting the link!

Quoting goddess99:

Here's a thread with many, many crockpot recipes.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/18458008/Recipe_Box_Challenge_Day_10_Crockpot_WIN_a_Bonus_Prize

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

ALWAYS!  I'd lose my mind if I didn't!

I'm a SAHM and DH gets paid bi-weekly on Friday.  So, I spend payday weekend making a menu and grocery list to go with it.  I try to work with what's in my pantry so my list is smaller, but that doesn't always happen.  

I LOVE Pinterest.  All of my meals are from there.  I jot down the name of the meal, then immediately jot down what's needed for that meal.  Double check my pantry and mark it off the list if I have it and I grocery shop Monday.  My menu doesn't say Monday is _____, Tuesday is _____.  I write down the meals on sheet of paper and mark it off as I cook it.  I even jot down the side dishes with each meal.  

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

No problem =)

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

JACKPOT! Thanks for posting the link!

Quoting goddess99:

Here's a thread with many, many crockpot recipes.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/18458008/Recipe_Box_Challenge_Day_10_Crockpot_WIN_a_Bonus_Prize

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I do. It's a money, time and sanity saver! Here's a recent post that might be helpful

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/19028726/Sept_8_14_Meal_Plan?last#post241680704

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM
As many of times I have said it I have yet to do it
mojogirl
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

i meal plan once a week, usually right before grocery shopping.  

pinterest has become my meal plan godsend!

i'm not sure if its saving me money, probably not, but it sure helps on hectic weekday nights to have something planned and maybe even partially prepped.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I've tried...not too successful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)