Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Cake pops

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Cake pops seem to be all the rage right now and I have to admit I have never tried one. I see all kinds of recipes and have seen them in our grocers freezer also. Just wondering if you'd had them and if they are any good or worth making/buying?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I've only tried one from starbucks. It was good but not worth the money i spent on it. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never made them or tried them.

Kimberly954
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

They are sweet! Its just your cake and icing all in one bite. I wouldnt make them in the cake pop maker. Those things suck.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Perfect description.

Quoting Kimberly954:

They are sweet! Its just your cake and icing all in one bite. I wouldnt make them in the cake pop maker. Those things suck.

KamsOne
by Jen on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Cake pops are awesome and totally worth making!  And they are really not difficult to do.  

kt674
by Kari on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM

They do seem relatively easy to make.

Quoting KamsOne:

Cake pops are awesome and totally worth making!  And they are really not difficult to do.  

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Quoting KaylaMillar:

I've only tried one from starbucks. It was good but not worth the money i spent on it. 

This.

Though I'd say "okay"-I wouldn't even rank it as "good". I wouldn't go out of my way to eat them. No addiction here.

ZsMommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

clapping(I have my reasons for applauding this)

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I think they are a cute idea...I have been meaning to try the red velvet cake balls for a couple of holiday seasons.

periwinkle163
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM

The cake pop pans and makers don't make actual cake pops, they just make mini cupcakes that you put on a stick, lol. A real cake pop is sweet and moist and delicious because the frosting and cake are mixed together and then dipped. I've made them lots of times and they are always a big hit and the first to go at carry ins. They aren't difficult but can be time-consuming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN