Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Freezer Meal

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 19 Replies

Whats your favorite meal thats freezer friendly? I need to start making a few more of them. Life is just getting busy lately!

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k1ara
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The easiest ones that I tend to make and toss in the freezer are: sloppy joe's (without the buns, obviously), chili, sliders, homemade mac & cheese, and meatloaf.  They take no time to defrost and are family favorites on those nights when you're too busy to cook!

OliviaW.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Lasagna, meatloaf, spaghetti, soups and stews
Kimberly954
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

What kind of sliders? I do a LOT of freezer meals....i am in a freezer meal swap. I just run out of ideas! I do meatloaf, chili and sloppy joes a lot. Also pulled pork freezes well. Never tried mac and cheese. I havent found a homemade recipe my dd will eat yet. :( She likes kraft. Blehhhh.

Quoting k1ara:

The easiest ones that I tend to make and toss in the freezer are: sloppy joe's (without the buns, obviously), chili, sliders, homemade mac & cheese, and meatloaf.  They take no time to defrost and are family favorites on those nights when you're too busy to cook!

countrygal777
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

i wish i new how to freeze meals i sure would do it i know that sounds crazy but my mom never showed me these things but i want to learn i have a large family  is there  A site on cafe mom i could join

Kimberly954
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom doesnt cook period! i just learned on my own. I started doing freezer meals when I was invited into a swap. Since then I have now started my own swap. there are 5 of us and we swap once every 4-6 weeks. So its like 1 meal a week someone makes for me! Sooooo affordable! I can make meals in bulk so much cheaper than making one meal.

Quoting countrygal777:

i wish i new how to freeze meals i sure would do it i know that sounds crazy but my mom never showed me these things but i want to learn i have a large family  is there  A site on cafe mom i could join

countrygal777
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

i am gonna be doing some  looking around to see what i find to help me i would love to do it

KamsOne
by Jen on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Soup

KamsOne

Pulled pork

KamsOne

Stuffed shells

Kimberly954
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I did a ham and potato soup and that did NOT freeze well. =P

Quoting KamsOne:

Soup

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)