Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gator Meat

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Kim
  • 23 Replies

OK, I know this is a stretch but does ANYONE cook with gator meat and do something with it besides fried nuggets???

I just read it can be ground and used in place of chicken in casseroles but it says to use the body meat and we dont have that, we have tail meat.

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by Kim on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

If anyone can point me to a good chowder I would be greatful!

jb0520
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yuck.....bump for you
Kimberly954
by Kim on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

You really shouldnt say "yuck" to someone. Its just rude. Everyone eats different things. Even my 3 year old knows better than to say that and she isnt allowed to even say she doesnt like something until she trys it.

Quoting jb0520:

Yuck.....bump for you

k1ara
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I've never had gator meat (not sure I could find it around here).  Sparks a curiosity tho!

OliviaW.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I've never had it before. Have you tried google or allrecipes.com?
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM

How does it taste?? Is there something comparable? What about texture? If you could think of something it might be close to you could try to sub it.

jb0520
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Oh Jesus grow up, I don't need you telling me what I should or shouldn't say!!!

Should I hace said that sounds fucking disgusting because that's what I was really thinking...

Quoting Kimberly954:

You really shouldnt say "yuck" to someone. Its just rude. Everyone eats different things. Even my 3 year old knows better than to say that and she isnt allowed to even say she doesnt like something until she trys it.

Quoting jb0520:

Yuck.....bump for you

crystalplus1
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I have only had it fried......But i hear if you marinate it good, its good grilled as like Kebabs or something. lol, good luck! sorry im not more help.

specialwingz
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I've not had it because it's not readily available to me.  But, I've heard that if it's not cooked properly, it can be chewy.  I would love to try it, having been prepared by someone who knows how.  I am always up for trying something to see if I like it.  The only thing I have found that I didn't like was escargot.  I gave it a try.  And, I just didn't care for them.  The garlic butter was great though!  LOL.

KamsOne
by Jen on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I've tried it before but have never cooked it so I would have no idea what to do with it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)