Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Breakfast .... UPDATE in RED

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you, the kid(s), or family usually eat for breakfast? Do you cook or do you just have quick breakfast that doesnt really need any cooking or heating up involved?

This is what our Breakfast during the week usually looks like. Might seem boring but it works for my kiddos and me. 

Monday: Peanut Butter &/or Nutella spread on a toasted English Muffin, Banana, and Choc Milk

Tuesday: Cold Cereal, White Milk, and Grapes

Wednesday: Gogurt, Apple Wedges, Wheat Toast, and Choc Milk

Thursday: Instant Oatmeal, Peach, and White Milk

Friday: Bagel with Cream Cheese, Strawberries &/or Blueberries, and Choc Milk

Saturday: Pancakes (Plain, Choc. Chip, or Fruit), Sausage, Cheesy Eggs, and Orange or Apple Juice

Sunday:   A Week - Waffles, Cutie Oranges, and White Milk

B Week - Toaster Struddel, Pear Slices, and Choc Milk

C Week - French Toast Sticks, Pineapple Rings, and White Milk

I am always really busy during the week, getting the kids ready for school and myself for work thats why I came up with this "Breakfast Schedule". Its foods we usually always like to eat for breakfast. Saturday is our "Family Day" and so I make a big breakfast. Sundays we take it easy, we go to church, I clean up if I didnt get to something, and we relax and get well rested for a new Monday.  I rotate our breakfast on Sundays because the kids usually want something more fun to eat, so to speak, we have to be up and ready for church so early so this is why I dont do the BIG breakfast on this day. We usually attend the first and second service.

Just thought I put this update in here incase it didnt make much sense to anybody.

Queen Jessica ...
Proud Mommy to Princess Jes'Marie 1.29.07  &  Prince Elijah 9.17.10

... Momma's Lil Angel 11.27.09 (msc. 6wks) ....

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM
What I do is one day a week or month cook a b unch of stuff and freeze. Muffins, pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, homemade pop tarts, breakfast burritos and various other things. Then you just prepare them to be frozen and freeze. When you want to use something just pop it in the microwave for a couple minutes.
Cindy18
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks great.

Mine are all grown. The only days I cook a breakfast is sometimes on the weekends when I'm off. There have always been more than enough breakfast foods for everyone to fend for themselves.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Mon - Fri my dd either has waffles or cereal, just something quick before school. If I have breakfast, it's usually cereal or fruit. On the weekends if my dd wants, I'll cook eggs, hashbrowns, sausages, bagels Or pancakes and sausage but she's 11 and many times is already up and eaten before I make it downstairs.

KamsOne
by Jen on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We eat cereal pretty much every day for breakfast.  Once in a great while I'll make a scrambled egg or French toast but mostly it's just cereal.

k1ara
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

DH and I pretty much eat the same thing (cereal and juice) and the kids typically eat cereal or oatmeal and juice on weekdays, but weekends we try to make "special" breakfasts... such as: eggs & bacon, pancakes, muffins, waffles, cinnamon rolls, or omelets.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I keep a freezer full of homemade breakfast items so we can always have a hot breakfast on school mornings.....breakfast sandwiches, waffles, muffins and breakfast "hot pockets" are the favorites. I also like to do overnight slow cooker breakfasts.....on weekends I will make "fresh" hot breakfasts, pancakes, french toast, breakfast quesadillas ETC.

MybabyKisses
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM
We are boring and usually just have cereal. I am not a morning person so cooking breakfast is usually the last thing I want to do. Every now and then I may make muffins, pancakes, or eggs and toast but I usually save the big breakfast meals for weekends or dinner.
Kimberly954
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Kids usually have muffins, pancakes or cereal. Muffins and pancakes are premade and frozen

periwinkle163
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I won't lie during the week it is almost always cereal and fruit.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I think your schedule is great.....and that it's good that you have breakfast organized.  Through the week when we have school it's grab and go...sausage on bun, eggs/bread, peanut butter/crackers, granola bars, honey buns, muffin bread, cheese toast, etc. and on Sat/Sun lately I've been having sausage/pancakes (microwavable/frozen)...quick to fix and fills everyone up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN