Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Quick dinner idea!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have something to do tonight so I need to get dinner going early (crock pot) but it can't take more than 3 hours in the crock pot, or I need to cook something in 20-30 minutes when I get home.  I can prep beforehand and walk to the market, but I only have 45 minutes to do that if I leave right now!

I'm not going to want to be standing at the stove at 5:30 rushing to get dinner ready, but I need to have something to feed the family at 6pm!

Ideas!?  

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Breakfast, pasta, sloppy joes, those are my quick go tos.

krazene
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
A box of zatarans jambalaya, grilled cheese and a veggie/soup, tacos and a can of refried beans...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Breakfast is always a nice quick meal. What did you end up making?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLisaA
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I just ended up doing fajitas, cut the chicken, peppers, onions, and zucchini and put them in ziploc bags with the seasoning and a bit of oil, and mixed some black beans, corn, and salsa in a container.  Then when I got home I just microwaved the tortillas for a half a minute to heat them, threw the black bean mix into a pan to heat, tossed the veggies into the wok at the same time, and cooked the chicken in a pan while everything else was cooking.  Took about 10 minutes to get it on the table.

marinemami07
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Has everyone seen the commercials for the Hellmans Parm Crusted Chicken ? It just Hellmans mayo, parm cheese & bread crumbs. OMG its so yummy. I only tried it bc my friend did & she isn't a cook! lol but really my hubby doesnt care for mayo, I don't know if he even knows its mayo! So easy, so good & you can make any sides with it! We usually do a baked pot. So good. I salted & peppered my chicken before put the mayo on it & used italian seasoned bread crumbs & chopped up fresh parsley. It is really good. Im thinking about trying it with pork chops!

My hubby is picky, but he was amazed! LOL  thats a winner in my book!

KamsOne
by Jen on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Yum.  Sounds good...and easy!

Quoting LLisaA:

I just ended up doing fajitas, cut the chicken, peppers, onions, and zucchini and put them in ziploc bags with the seasoning and a bit of oil, and mixed some black beans, corn, and salsa in a container.  Then when I got home I just microwaved the tortillas for a half a minute to heat them, threw the black bean mix into a pan to heat, tossed the veggies into the wok at the same time, and cooked the chicken in a pan while everything else was cooking.  Took about 10 minutes to get it on the table.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I've been doing this recipe for years and it's always a hit.

Quoting marinemami07:

Has everyone seen the commercials for the Hellmans Parm Crusted Chicken ? It just Hellmans mayo, parm cheese & bread crumbs. OMG its so yummy. I only tried it bc my friend did & she isn't a cook! lol but really my hubby doesnt care for mayo, I don't know if he even knows its mayo! So easy, so good & you can make any sides with it! We usually do a baked pot. So good. I salted & peppered my chicken before put the mayo on it & used italian seasoned bread crumbs & chopped up fresh parsley. It is really good. Im thinking about trying it with pork chops!

My hubby is picky, but he was amazed! LOL  thats a winner in my book!

periwinkle163
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I usually make spaghetti when in a time pinch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)