Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Burgers

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

I've been craving a burger for weeks now.  I have never made them but I'm finally going to try! 

I need your best burger recipes that can either be done in a skillet or in the oven. 

And-

GO!  :)

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I'm not a huge burger eater but I so have a good recipe for a turkey burger
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/39748/actually-delicious-turkey-burgers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeliePoelieMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I just form ground beef into patties and both sides in a frying pan until done.
goddess99
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

This is all I've done as well.

Quoting JoeliePoelieMom:

I just form ground beef into patties and both sides in a frying pan until done.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Use ground chuck, it has the best flavor for hamburgers.

Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper. Mix the meat carefully by hand, making sure not to squeeze or compact it as you work the seasonings through the beef. Squeezing the meat together will make the patty tough after cooking. 

Section the seasoned beef into roughly equal lumps, which will be formed into the patties.

Roll each section of beef into a loose ball shape, being careful not to overly compress or handle the meat. Gently flatten the ball into a circular patty shape, and make sure to keep it as even in thickness as possible.

Indent each burger patty slightly at the center so the edges are thicker than the center of the burger. As the burger cooks, the center balloons slightly, so if it is not thinner in the middle, the patty will dome in the center.

Preheat nonstick frying pan to a medium-high temperature. The pan is the correct temperature when a drop of water dances on its surface rather than sticking to it.

This can be tested by using a little piece of leftover meat. It should sizzle loudly when placed on the cooking surface.

Spray the burgers on both sides with a cooking oil spray before laying them in the pan.Carefully place the patties, and don't move them again until they are ready to flip.

Once the patties are cooked on the first side for 3-5 minutes, turn them over by sliding the spatula underneath and flipping each burger once only. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Do not squash them down with the spatula, as this will just push out all of the juices.

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

What?!Never made a burger??? We just patty up straight meat and slap it on the grill. lol

cadeesmommy0120
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Thanks ladies!  I'll probably do some kind of combo of everything.  lol.

mylilprincesses
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I found this one on pinterest.
http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/epic-crispy-quinoa-burgers-topped-sweet-potato-fries-beer-caramelized-onions-gruyere
cadeesmommy0120
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm obsessed with quinoa!  This sounds fantastic!

Quoting mylilprincesses:

I found this one on pinterest.
http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/epic-crispy-quinoa-burgers-topped-sweet-potato-fries-beer-caramelized-onions-gruyere

k1ara
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I make sliders, rather than regular sized burgers.  I usually just toss shredded cheese (bacon, mushrooms, or onions are also good to add) in with the ground beef and mix.  I used a biscuit cutter to get the slider shape/size, and DH grills them.  One pound of ground beef makes 4 slider patties with a touch leftover.

KamsOne
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I like my meat well-seasoned.  Sometimes I'll add a packet of ranch dressing to it.  Sometimes seasoned salt and pepper.  Sometimes I'll hide cheese in the middle.  Depends on what we are in the mood for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)