Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Kitchen Themes

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 24 Replies

What did you have growing up and what theme do you have now?

Growing up my mom's kitchen theme was mushrooms and my grandma had ceramic roosters all over her kitchen lol. My first apartment I had cows but now I don't have a theme. We were going to move recently but that seems to have fallen through but if I would have gotten that kitchen I was going to do an owl theme.

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Mom didn't and doesn't have a theme. I don't have one either.
la1118
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I think "messy" is my theme, LOL. Don't really have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM

lol that's a theme I've seen in many kitchens =)

Quoting la1118:

I think "messy" is my theme, LOL. Don't really have one.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Growing up my mom had sunflowers and then later she remodeled and it was just blue and stainless steel. My kitchen's only theme is try to keep it clean lol. But I'm leaning towards tropical since we've painted it a tropical color.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Tropical would be pretty.

Quoting newwifenmom:

Growing up my mom had sunflowers and then later she remodeled and it was just blue and stainless steel. My kitchen's only theme is try to keep it clean lol. But I'm leaning towards tropical since we've painted it a tropical color.

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

No theme's. My mom briefly had a grape/wine theme but not anymore. My theme is called messy/kid infused. LOL the kids have taken over EVERYTHING.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I went through that when my dd was younger, I just started taking the house back and we got young pets now there's toys all over again lol.

Quoting Kimberly954:

No theme's. My mom briefly had a grape/wine theme but not anymore. My theme is called messy/kid infused. LOL the kids have taken over EVERYTHING.

k1ara
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Nope, no particular theme I can recall growing up.. and there definitely isn't one now (except for the occasional mess).  During my single years, apartment living, I had an apple & ivy theme.  That quickly disappeared when I got married.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I hear ya, several of my things disappeared after I got married too.

Quoting k1ara:

Nope, no particular theme I can recall growing up.. and there definitely isn't one now (except for the occasional mess).  During my single years, apartment living, I had an apple & ivy theme.  That quickly disappeared when I got married.

Anniea90
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM

mom never had a theme. Grandma had like a country kitchen theme. We dont currently have one. but I will have gingerbread and peppermint decorations in it for christmas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)