Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

do you let your kids help you cook?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

I always let my kids help me cook. I just what to see if you do. if so what do you let your kids help you with 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misbishy
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, how else are they gonna learn. My kids where helping in the kitchen at 2 stirring things etc.
rebeccab1966
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

My kids are 11 and 14 and love to cook.  My daughter really loves to bake.  My son is a hunter and likes to grill, last weekend he made his own marinade for venison and cooked it and it was delicious.

GriderBears9
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I had my friend come over with her two kids ages 13 and 15 and I had them if they would love to help cook they said no that is a mom's job. I said get your butts in here and help me. they did but they did not know what to do. I talk to my friend she said her hubby would not let the boy's help her. I could not belive it. that is way I am asking 

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

sometimes...my youngest likes to stir.

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

not as much as I should...

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Not really. .
brvdsmom
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Always!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My dd peels potatoes, and she more sets the table and helps with clean up. She doesn't really have an interest in cooking. She does make her own pizzas though and has made lasagnas.

Anniea90
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Yea. She is only 5 though. So we are still chopping soft things with butter knifes. Getting me stuff from the pantry and throwing stuff away. If its something that is not hot she likes to stir.

WhiskeyGirl1980
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I have been teaching my son to cook since he was 4. We started out with the simple stuff, like pancake batter and kneading bread, but now that he is 11, he can cook nearly as good as I can with a little coaching. He made eggplant parmesan from scratch all by himself not too long ago. We watch food network and plan meals together. We both love to cook new recipes and try new things. Im so proud of my little chef, following in my footsteps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN