Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Dinner with extended family

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

When you go to or have dinner for your extended family excluding holidays what is typically served?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Usually smoked brisket, potato salad, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob, pea salad and/or cucumber salad, rolls.

Sometimes it's grilled brats, potato salad, sauerkraut, baked beans, rolls.

There is usually a dessert like Cherry Almond Mousse Pie.

frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Spaghetti, tacos,  Things that are inexpensive generally but serve alot of people.  My mom will make 3 pans of lasagna and garlic bread for extended family meals.

KamsOne
by Jen on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Depends.  If it's during the summer we usually grill.

If it's not summer time usually a pasta dish or mozzarella chicken.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We only do this in the summer so it's grilled foods, brats, burgers,...

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This time of the year (Autumn), Soups & Sandwiches. We have one aunt who has an open house every year and makes lots of chicken noddle soup. I plan on taking homemade bread unless she specifically ask for a dessert and it's usually apple bread pudding.

LilTymomma
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

N/A ...we have had our family me, hubby and son,...for the holidays so far. We do Mac n cheese (a special kind hubby cooks everything), turkey slices , and yams,...and some other side and dessert. with wine.

Kimberly954
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I make people guinnea pigs typically! I always am serving something different. If i dont feel like cooking though, i have DH grill.

jjamom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's with DHs family (large Italian family) it is always pasta of some kind, plus beef, Italian salad, and a ton more food, lol!

With my family, it's more of a variety, but usually meat and potatoes, veggies, rolls.
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I like to mix it up also, today I'm trying my charred green beans on them lol, hope they like them, I do.

Quoting Kimberly954:

I make people guinnea pigs typically! I always am serving something different. If i dont feel like cooking though, i have DH grill.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

My family typically has southern cuisine or a large pasta dish with salad & some type of bread.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)