15 Delicious Things to Make With Pumpkin! What's your favorite pumpkin treat?
Okay, we get it. Some of you are a little bit burned out by the annual October pumpkin obsession. Pumpkin spice everything, everywhere, all the time. But you know what? Maybe we just need a little pumpkin variety. And maybe we need to give this big, orange vegetable some respect. When most people think of pumpkin-flavored anything, they're usually craving that spice mix. You know: Cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg. But pumpkin has a lot of personality that deserves a little time in the spotlight. And it's so versatile -- you can have it with any meal, savory or sweet. Here are 15 pumpkin recipes we think might bring pumpkin back into your good graces this fall.
More from The Stir: 5 Fantastically Delicious Fall-Inspired Cupcake Recipes (PHOTOS)
Pumpkin for breakfast!
1. Brown butter pumpkin muffins: Because browned butter makes everything better.
2. Pumpkin cinnamon rolls: Pumpkin puree makes these cinnamon rolls even softer.
3. Pumpkin espresso chocolate chip bread: If you're worried about the caffeine you can skip the espresso. But as far as I'm concerned, pumpkin bread should always include chocolate chips.
4. Pumpkin pie French toast: Easy as... well, easier than pie.
Pumpkin for a snack!
5. Pumpkin spice Rice Krispie treats: Your regular Rice Krispie treats are so boring. They need pumpkin and spice.
6. Pumpkin pound cake with maple glaze: Doesn't get much more autumnal than this!
7. Pumpkin spice marshmallows: Think of the s'mores these babies would make.
8. Apple cobbler cupcakes with pumpkin pie frosting: If you have a lot of time.
Pumpkin for dinner!
9. Pumpkin macaroni and cheese: So nice we're posting it twice.
10. Pumpkin spinach phyllo pie: A little bit sweet, a little bit tangy.
11. Pumpkin risotto: Mmm, pumpkin cheesy decadence.
Pumpkin for dessert!
12. Pumpkin butter pecan ice cream: Too cold for ice cream? Maybe this recipe will make you reconsider. Man oh man.
13. Pumpkin cheesecake: This is a no-eggs recipe.
14. Mile-high pumpkin meringue pie: Holy...
15. Sweet pumpkin: This simple dessert is just slices of pumpkin slowly cooked with sugar. It can be topped with nuts or cream.
What's your favorite pumpkin treat?
Image via Cafe Johnsonia