Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Trucks

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 30 Replies

Have you ever eaten at a food truck? If so what did you have and what did you think of it? They aren't allowed to park on the streets here, but they have been showing up at festivals, art & craft shows and other outdoor activities lately.

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I have a couple times in VA.  There was one that parked in front of Lowes.  I would get a philly cheesesteak sandwich.  They were very good.  There are a couple around here but I've not tried them.  One of them serves Mexiasian food.  I am curious about their menu.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

The food trucks are seen as a franchise type business verses the independent street vendor. I know that many of the street vendors also own a restaurant. But hey - they're still small independent business people.

Have not seen any food trucks in our area ... not interested in seeing them.

starlight1968
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

they do a charity thing at the Ranger stadium every year w/nothing but food trucks... I have not eaten at one tho but hear they can be really yummy..

I have a friend that has one up in PA...she said it's tough to get one going but loves it.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:41 AM

I ate at an amazing food truck in Washington DC. It was called Hawaiian Girl or something like that. I had a wrap with their seasoned chicken and tons of veggies and cliantro. 

I'll try to find a pic.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Here it is.... Hulu Girl Food Truck... YUMMY!

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I almost forgot!!! I also sought out The Mac Shack here in Detroit.

Gourmet Mac&Cheese.... Yummy!!

iamcafemom83
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Yessss just one and I want more haha I have a high school friend whose husband operates a delicious bbq truck.
They aren't allowed on the streets on our side of town which is complete BS!! Soo I jave to rely on festivals and such when I can. We have quite a few here in Jax!
mylilprincesses
by Paula on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM
No.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM

i never have. I know in some places you can get some really good food from food trucks! 

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Only at state fairs. There is a greek food truck on the way to dh's work but not sure if I'd ever eat there or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)