Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What to do with...

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

spaghetti squash??  I got one in my produce box (fresh produce delivered weekly from local farms) this past Friday, and I'm not sure what to do with it.

I have a great recipe from my mom for a squash and cornbread casserole, using spaghetti squash... however I'm the only one who seems to like it.  DH will tolerate squash and my kids aren't big fans of it. but I enjoy it. 

Any and all suggestions welcome!  :-)

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I just use it in place of spaghetti noodles and make spaghetti and meatballs LOL. Or any place I might use spaghetti or longer noodles really.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I usually use it for Alfredo & Chicken Pasta. It's also very good just seasoned with a little butter S&P. You can use it in place of rice for topping with stir-frys. So low in calories, I eat a side of it with salmon when I'm dieting.

taKENheart
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I subbed it for noodles for spaghetti one time.  Sadly, I didn't like it.  Hope you enjoy whatever you end up making ;)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I've used it instead of spaghetti with tomato sauce or alfredo sauce. No one liked it,including me. I have a casserole with cheese that everyone likes, but I'm away from my files. I'll post it when I get back home.
Kimberly954
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I tried this one. My family was not convinced. It didnt taste like spaghetti even with sauce all over it. :(

Quoting SuperPickle:

I just use it in place of spaghetti noodles and make spaghetti and meatballs LOL. Or any place I might use spaghetti or longer noodles really.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
You could use it for noodles. I've never tried it but I know a lot of people who like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamsOne
by Jen on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I've never tried spaghetti squash

delanna6two
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I have not tried spaghetti squash...hope you will find something to make with it...

k1ara
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  I ended up finding a recipe on Allrecipes.com for spaghetti squash lasagna.  I used a few of the suggestions (posted by other viewers) and it turned out pretty good! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN