Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Who doesn't love Trader's Joes?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 32 Replies

Hi Ladies.  Since I moved toTexas. I haven't found a good chinese place like the ones in SF, california, but at least I'm happy that Trader Joe's is in town

Here to share an easy peasy meal

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never been to Trader Joes. The closest one is over an hours drive away. I have heard fantastic things though.....I have considered taking a cooler and making the trek, but just havent done it..

frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Ours is ok,  I typically am not a big fan.  It is fun to walk around and my guy can buy his stevia there that does not have fillers.

Marti123
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I do really like our Trader joes. It is a little trek across town for me, 20 minutes or so. I wish it was closer. I like their produce, cheese and vanilla the best! But their chocolate covered potatoe chips are pretty tasty too, lol!
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE TJ's... only problem... it's 45 mins away and expensive for what I like getting there. *sigh* 

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Heard of it. Never been to it before though. Where ya live in Texas? I am in Houston
rmp
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

We made that a few nights ago . My son loves it and it is priced very reasonable. We also get  the chinese chicken fried rice and it is a lot for $2.99 a bag,. Every 3 weeks I go shopping there because their food is sooo good and reasonable. Our favorites:

Spicy red pepper hummus 1.99

The BEST ever onion bagels even better than Costco's --1.99 I have to buy a few packs.lol

Rippled and twisted Sweet Potato chips the best better than brands at Whole Foods. and cheaper

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits--3.49

Coconut Oil -5.99

Brown Rice Pastas -1.99

All 14 spaghetii/marinara sauces under 3.29 a jar-never knew store bought sauces have tons of MSG--none of Trader Joes have MSG

Cinnamon Spiced Oatmeal Box with packets--oatmeal packets have over 200mg of sodium. I never knew that is a lot! Now I buy these and they have like a fourth of salt--3.49

Ciabatta rolls 4 pk--1.99 

Corn tortillas no bad ingredients --.99 cents

Best pizza dough in white, wheat. or parmesan herb only 1.99

Carton of Spicy Black Bean soup ---1.99 add sour cream , shredded cheese, and tortilla chips yummy on a cold day!

Trader Joes Strawberry Jam /marmalade--voted one of best on line!

White Jasmine Rice 3 pounds for 3.29 super cheap thats one pound at whole foods. 

5 puond bag of whole wheat flour --2.49 --for pancakes and loaf of bread. 

3-pk of dark chocolate candy bars with almonds ---1.79 no corn syrup or fructose in ingredients. --love thes

Can you tell we have been eating Trader Joes for over 22 years when it was a tiny store !!!!!

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I don't like the name Trader Joe's.

avantimorocha
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I'm in San Antonio, I love Trader Joe's when I moved here, TJ's wasn't here yet I had to  wait at least 6 months for  the store to open. I am so happy good food makes me happy. I don't like HEB at all and Whole Foods is good but way price for everyday shopping .

Quoting mylilprincesses:

Heard of it. Never been to it before though. Where ya live in Texas? I am in Houston

avantimorocha
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I would recomend you to try the Panko tilapia ( frozen section). Love it

Couscous / Orzo

Apple Blossom ( frozen section)

Mochi ( frozen section)

Hash browns ( frozen section)

And I love all the fruit and veggies :)

Sourdough and Tuscan  bread great for toast

:)

Quoting rmp:

We made that a few nights ago . My son loves it and it is priced very reasonable. We also get  the chinese chicken fried rice and it is a lot for $2.99 a bag,. Every 3 weeks I go shopping there because their food is sooo good and reasonable. Our favorites:

Spicy red pepper hummus 1.99

The BEST ever onion bagels even better than Costco's --1.99 I have to buy a few packs.lol

Rippled and twisted Sweet Potato chips the best better than brands at Whole Foods. and cheaper

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits--3.49

Coconut Oil -5.99

Brown Rice Pastas -1.99

All 14 spaghetii/marinara sauces under 3.29 a jar-never knew store bought sauces have tons of MSG--none of Trader Joes have MSG

Cinnamon Spiced Oatmeal Box with packets--oatmeal packets have over 200mg of sodium. I never knew that is a lot! Now I buy these and they have like a fourth of salt--3.49

Ciabatta rolls 4 pk--1.99 

Corn tortillas no bad ingredients --.99 cents

Best pizza dough in white, wheat. or parmesan herb only 1.99

Carton of Spicy Black Bean soup ---1.99 add sour cream , shredded cheese, and tortilla chips yummy on a cold day!

Trader Joes Strawberry Jam /marmalade--voted one of best on line!

White Jasmine Rice 3 pounds for 3.29 super cheap thats one pound at whole foods. 

5 puond bag of whole wheat flour --2.49 --for pancakes and loaf of bread. 

3-pk of dark chocolate candy bars with almonds ---1.79 no corn syrup or fructose in ingredients. --love thes

Can you tell we have been eating Trader Joes for over 22 years when it was a tiny store !!!!!

avantimorocha
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Easy dinner Trader Joe's 1 box of chicken broth 1/4 cup of chopped green onion ( just the green part) 1/2 cup of chopped carrots 3 bok choy bulbs chopped in big pieces 1 bag of chicken wontons 1/2 bag of rice noodles

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN