Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

How do you.....?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

clean the heating element of your crock pot?

I have 2 crock pots and they have been getting a work out this weekend since we're using them to cook down our salsa.

Now here's my issue. I didn't know that one of the pots had several hair-lined cracks in it before use and now there's a bunch of charcoal, baked in junk in the heating element of my crock pot! How do you clean that? I want to keep that portion of the pot since my other pot will fit it.

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kimberly954
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Hmmm no idea. I would just wipe it out with a little soap and dry it really good.

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

This mess is going to have to be more than just a little wiping. It's really bad and there's a pooled black mass on the very bottom thanks to these cracks everywhere.

Quoting Kimberly954:

Hmmm no idea. I would just wipe it out with a little soap and dry it really good.

Kimberly954
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM

scouring powder, magic eraser????

Quoting OliviaW.:

This mess is going to have to be more than just a little wiping. It's really bad and there's a pooled black mass on the very bottom thanks to these cracks everywhere.

Quoting Kimberly954:

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I've got some scouring pads.

Quoting Kimberly954:

scouring powder, magic eraser????

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Kimberly954:

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
It took me a week to clean my crock pot good. Ugh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)