Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Things your family doesn't know

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

What things doesn't family know about when you cook? My confession is that they'll never know that I added sweet potatoes in the applesauce I'm making. Yes, it adds a more orangish color but I can cover that up with the freshly ground cinnamon I'm adding.

Sadly I'm not doing it for the kids because they have no issues eating their fruits and veggies, it's for my dh. They'll never know and my lips are sealed. sealed lip

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

LOL  I have no secrets from my guy in cooking.  It is good though to add more veggies where you can.  We have used V8 juice as a base for many tomato sauces in recipes.

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

LOL  I have no secrets from my guy in cooking.  It is good though to add more veggies where you can.  We have used V8 juice as a base for many tomato sauces in recipes.

I don't like doing it but sometimes it's for the best. He likes V8 and salsa though. My salsa has so many different things from the garden.

frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I don't like doing it but sometimes it's for the best. He likes V8 and salsa though. My salsa has so many different things from the garden.

He eats pretty much anything is why I dont hide what i am putting in.  Have you checked out the cookbook "deceptively delicious" ?  It can help everyone eat healthier w/o making it seem like work.

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I'll look for it though. Normally I had squash and sweet potatoes in salsa, spaghetti sauce and now applesauce.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting frndlyfn:

He eats pretty much anything is why I dont hide what i am putting in.  Have you checked out the cookbook "deceptively delicious" ?  It can help everyone eat healthier w/o making it seem like work.

frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I found out I do not mind rutabagas or parsnips when they are in beef stew  LOL

Quoting OliviaW.:

I'll look for it though. Normally I had squash and sweet potatoes in salsa, spaghetti sauce and now applesauce.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting frndlyfn:

OliviaW.
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM

So far dh has had 2 servings of the applesauce so far. He said it tasted a bit different and I told him that that was because I added pumpkin pie spice (which I did) by accident.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I found out I do not mind rutabagas or parsnips when they are in beef stew  LOL

rmp
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM

My family thinks they are eating ground beef in the meatloaf and taco seasoned meat. It is really lean ground turkey. LOL 

Same for deli cut meats like Turkey and Ham - I get Low Sodium and pay more for it than the regular . 

mylilprincesses
by Paula on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
No...not that I can think of at the moment
ablox
by Aisha on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I added blended smooth carrots and onions anytime I make ground beef and sometimes I say it's ground beef but it's turkey. I'll add a veggie purée to anything you won't be able to tell the color difference on.
OliviaW.
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ablox:

I added blended smooth carrots and onions anytime I make ground beef and sometimes I say it's ground beef but it's turkey. I'll add a veggie purée to anything you won't be able to tell the color difference on.

I told dh that I was going to start adding pureed veggies in verious different things to make sure the kids are getting enough veggies since they seem to go in stages where they eat it or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)