Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Crockpot meals

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 26 Replies
I want to do something with the crockpot tonight. I rarely cook with it but I want to use it tonight. So what are your guy's recipes that won't take long. I like chicken when it comes to the crockpot because it's fall off the bone good. Thanks!
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Oh, man, i do so much in the crockpot! Pork chops, roast, chicken, beef and noodles, pasta.....what kind of meat are you looking to cook.

KamsOne
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Sunday I made meatballs in my crockpot.

Monday I made a roast beef in the crockpot.

Today I have beef stew in the crockpot.

Kaitlin123
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Lol I used to use the crockpot all the time when I went through depression. But I haven't used it in months and miss it! So tonight I Would like to make a crockpot meal. I would like to cook something with chicken or ham but I am open to any suggestions

Quoting Kimberly954:

Oh, man, i do so much in the crockpot! Pork chops, roast, chicken, beef and noodles, pasta.....what kind of meat are you looking to cook.

KamsOne
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM

If you are looking for something that's quick, I would suggest chicken or pork chops.  I find that those only take about 3 or 4 hours on low in my crock pot.

How about this:

SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN & VEGGIES

INGREDIENTS
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 16 oz bag frozen veggies (stir fry)
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 cups sweet teriyaki sauce

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Mix chicken broth and teriyaki sauce and place in slow cooker.  Add chicken then place veggies on top.
3. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is done.
Lorena
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I am making home made chicken noodle soup right now.
Kaitlin123
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
This sounds delicious!

Quoting KamsOne:

If you are looking for something that's quick, I would suggest chicken or pork chops.  I find that those only take about 3 or 4 hours on low in my crock pot.

How about this:

SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN & VEGGIES

INGREDIENTS
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 16 oz bag frozen veggies (stir fry)
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 cups sweet teriyaki sauce

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Mix chicken broth and teriyaki sauce and place in slow cooker.  Add chicken then place veggies on top.
3. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is done.

KamsOne
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM

This is yummy.  I usually serve it over rice.  The instructions say 4-6 hours but mine is usually done in 3-4 hours.

SLOW COOKER SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS
1-1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into large pieces
2 cans corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 jar (16z) salsa

DIRECTIONS
1. Add corn, black beans, taco seasoning and half the salsa to slow cooker.  Add chicken and put remaining salsa on top.
2. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
Kimberly954
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I’ve done a ton of slow cooker chicken recipes–a ton!  And this remains one of my favorites.  It’s fast to get in the crockpot, has easy ingredients and tastes great.  Serve with a salad or broccoli and you have a meal!

Makes 4 servings

6 bone-in chicken thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 Tbsp quick-cooking tapioca

Place chicken in

Kimberly954
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM

This one takes some time.......

Crock Pot Ham and Beans.

Servings:

Units: US | Metric

1 lb dried great northern beans (mixed if desired) or 1 lb other dried beans (mixed if desired)
3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 large sweet onion, chopped coarsely
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 lb smoked ham or 1 lb ham hock
6 cups water or 6 cups broth

Directions:

Sort beans and soak in enough water to cover overnight.
Or you may sort them and place in a saucepan with 2-inches of water to cover.
Bring them to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, then cover and remove from heat.
Allow to sit for one hour after boiling (don't lift the lid).
Whichever method you use, rinse and drain the beans before placing them in the crock pot.
Put the rinsed beans, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, cloves, ham (chopped into large chunks) or ham hocks into the crock pot along with 6 cups water or broth.
Cover crock, and cook on low for about 8 hours, or until beans are tender and creamy.
Skim any excess fat, if necessary, before serving.

Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-ham-and-beans-96347?oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-ham-and-beans-96347?oc=linkback</a>
Kimberly954
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

Make your crockpot slave all night. 

Check out how! 

Make your crockpot slave all night and wake up to this delicious Crockpot Breakfast Casserole recipe. Perfect for Christmas morning breakfast!

What can I say, I’m on a roll with my crockpot! This breakfast recipe is the BEST! You wanna know why?

Well, you put all the ingredients in before you go to bed, set your crockpot and wake up to a kitchen bursting with heavenly smells, and a warm, hardy meal. No fuss, just scoop onto a plate with a side of fresh fruit, and you have yourself a beautiful breakfast.

Here are my suggestions. When the casserole was done, I wish I had added a bit more salt and pepper. So my suggestion is to add salt and pepper to taste on each hash brown layer. Nothing crazy… just a pinch of each to season each layer. Go light, because you can always add more when you serve it.

Also, feel free to play around with the meats. Use bacon, sausage, ham…or heck.. ALL THREE! hehe. The vegetarian bacon I used was great and I can’t wait to try a sausage one next.

Hope you enjoy!

XO Corey

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients 

Serve 8-10

- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. (you can use frozen hash browns, just cook for 8-9 hours, instead of the 7-8)
- 1 lb of bacon or veggie Morning Star bacon- cooked, drained and cut into pieces. (feel free to substitute with your favorite breakfast meat..sausage, ham, etc)
- 1/2 cup onions – diced 
- 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard 
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper (I am recommending an additional pinch of salt and pepper for each layer of hash browns)

Directions: 

1. Beat 12 eggs until well blended.

2. Next, beat in milk and garlic powder, mustard, 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole - Steps

3. Layer potatoes (I suggest to season each potato layer to taste…..a small pinch of salt and pepper) and sprinkle 1/3 of the onions.

4. Next sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon.

5. Last but not least, top with 1 cup of cheese.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole - Steps -

6. Repeat this layering 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers….ending with cheese.

7. Take your egg mixture and pour over layers. For refrigerated hash browns, cook for 6-7 hours on low. For frozen hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low or until eggs are set.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN